Chapter 88

Chapter 88

●●●

The next morning they started towards Daegu rather quickly, since they had no intention of ending up in the midday sun. After the last evening Jimin seemed to be in a rather good mood, silently humming to himself most of the ride, only stopping when Yoongi made a comment about it.

"Have you ever been to Daegu?" Yoongi asked, playing with the button to lock his door.

"Of course. I was born in Busan after all. We're almost neighbours." He took a turn, easily shooting past a less expensive car. Not that that was anything to go by.

"Often?"

"Not really. I moved to Seoul pretty early. When I was a baby to be more accurate. But we still have a holiday home over there. The last time I've been to Daegu was probably three, maybe four years ago." Jimin explained, focusing on the road in front of him. "Do you really think it's a good idea to take small side roads instead of the main ones? I have the strong feeling we'll get lost."

"No we won't." Yoongi reassured.

"We got lost." Yoongi stated.

"WHAT? I'm so surprised. Never saw that coming." Jimin gasped dramatically, parking the car on the side of the road, a dead end in front of them. "Give me that map." He reached his hand out and Yoongi handed it to him, a bit reluctantly.

"Can I just put the fact that using a map instead of GPS was a stupid idea on record? So, where are we..." He looked down, tracing his finger over the map. "You're shitty at giving instructions by the way. Also for the record."

"Will you shut up and find our way out of here Mr. I know it so much better?" Yoongi asked, chuckling and looking at the map too. "So, any idea where we are?"

"Somewhere here." Jimin made a circular motion over all of korea.

"Just wow." Yoongi grabbed the map from his lap again. "So the last thing I know is that we were around here." He pointed at a road they had spent around twenty minutes driving along.

"Okay. So we just have to find it again, right? Can't be too hard."

They did not find the road again. Now, on a good note, they did find a rather convenient street sign with a huge arrow and the word 'Daegu' written on it. Jimin decided to trust the sign over Yoongi's navigation skills and ended up on the highway again.

"That road looked cute..."

"We're not taking any more detours. I want a proper road underneath those wheels. No protests." Jimin warned, taking another turn. Going by how long they had been driving so far it couldn't take too long anymore.

And he was right. After another couple of minutes their surroundings started to change. Instead of trees and maybe a house every once in a while there were buildings, stores and some industry.

Yoongi grew more quiet as he watched everything pass by their window.

"Everything okay?"

It took Yoongi just a bit too long to answer. "Yeah."

"Don't lie."

"It's just... the last time I drove into this city by car was when my parents were still married. I'm feeling a bit nostalgic if I'm honest." He finally admitted. "It's nothing too bad tho. You don't have to worry."

Since Jimin couldn't really properly face Yoongi to talk to him, be there for him, because he was driving, he pulled one hand away from the wheel and instead put it on Yoongi's thigh, reassuringly rubbing it. "It's good that you feel nostalgic. You have a bunch of nice memories here and we will make even more. Things have been good in the past and so will they be in the future."