Chapter 25

Chapter 25

●●●

Taehyung was leaning against his car, tapping the floor with the tip of his shoe. He wasn't going to show up even a minute early for his job. He'd appear right when he had to and leave right when his shift was over.

His phone vibrated in his back pocket. Sighing he pulled it out, glancing at the messages his 'girlfriend' was sending him.

Rina
What are you doing?

Rina
Are you eating?

Rina
Omg I just saw this beautiful necklace on this website

Rina

TaehyungWow

Taehyung
Wow

Taehyung
Good for you

Rina
I'd love to wear it to my birthday party<3

Taehyung
Let me guess

Taehyung
You want me to buy it for you?

Rina
I mean

Rina
It's not that much money

Taehyung
I guess

Rina
Love you<3

Rina
I'll make sure to give you lots of kisses once I visit you

Taehyung
Sure

He had to break up with her soon. This thing wasn't really leading anywhere. He had tried in the beginning, but it got more and more obvious the colder he started acting towards her. She didn't care at all. When he was being a distant asshole, she just acted like she didn't notice.

Like, it wasn't plainly obvious.

He guessed he was going to have to look out for a new plaything. He was pretty sure he'd actually follow Jimin's advice this time and stay out of anything relationship-related. Jimin was smart. Instead of being open towards everyone the way Taehyung was, he just closed off.

And as lonely as he may be because of it, at least he didn't have to deal with people going behind his back all of the time.

If he could, he would have just done it Jimin's way. Be distant. Be an asshole and only be nice to his real friends. But he wasn't the type of guy for that. He loved being social and around people. It was something he couldn't really live without.

It gave him energy, even if it took a toll, as well.

He stamped out the cigarette butt, glancing at the clock. It was a minute before seven pm. Sighing to himself, he put his phone into his back pocket before walking towards the automatic door that lead into the small run-down store.

After entering, he checked the room for any staff members, but he didn't see anyone. When he heard someone clearing their throat right next to him, he looked at the counter again, now noticing a boy sitting there in an ugly blue uniform. "Do you need something? You look a bit lost."

Taehyung glanced up and down. The boy had big eyes, a bit of baby face, and looked a little tiny in general.

"Uhm yeah. I am supposed to start working here today." He stated, looking around. The place was honestly a bit shabby. The floor looked old and dirty, the kind of dirt you no longer could get rid of, and the food looked barely edible, at most.

"Ah." The boy's eyes became a bit sharper, less polite, as he got up, and it was like a different guy was standing in front of him. Now that Taehyung was no longer looking at his sitting figure, the boy looked a lot broader than he had before.

Muscles were straining underneath the blue t-shirt, making even the ugly piece of fabric look all right. He was about as tall as Taehyung, had a sharp jawline, and as he pushed his hair out of his face, his baby face seemed to disappear.

Still surprised by the sudden change, Taehyung just stared at him and the guy raised an eyebrow at him. "What are you looking at?"

Surprised by his boldness, Taehyung quickly shook his head. "Nothing."

"The manager is gone for two weeks, so I'll be in charge for now." He stated and Taehyung simply shrugged his shoulders. "As long as I don't have to do anything."

The look in the other's eyes changed to irked, and then amused. "Absolutely." He turned around, gesturing Taehyung to follow him.

Pushing his hands into his pockets, he followed the boy, staring at his back. Honestly, he was ever so slightly impressed with how muscular the guy was. There was no way that he worked out any less than three times a week.

Maybe Taehyung could use him as a source to gain motivation to move his ass to the gym as well. He still had to get rid of that relationship belly he had gained over the last couple of months.

"Here." He hadn't noticed the guy stopping and grabbing a bucket and mop. "How about you go clean the toilets Mr. As-long-as-I-don't-have-to-do-anything?" The boy was silently challenging him to say no.

Taehyung pressed his lips into a thin line. "I talked to your manager. We have a deal..."

The staff guy didn't look impressed at all. "Well, right now, I'm your boss, and if you do nothing, I'll kick you out. It's as simple as that. I don't fucking care who you are, darling."

Taehyung opened his mouth to say something, but there was nothing he could say. Not waiting for Taehyung to come up with anything, the boy pushed the mop into Taehyung's hand. "Have fun with the bathrooms. If you have any questions, you can ask me." Just seconds later, he was gone and Taehyung just stood there in silence.

What had just happened?

A/N

Taekook finally met❤