Chapter 62

Chapter 62

●●●

„I'm hot." Jungkook muttered, wiping beads of sweat off his forehead and glancing at the fire in front of them.

"You're not supposed to say that yourself." Yoongi teased, a smirk forming on his lips, before taking a sip from his solo cup. He'd put in just a small amount of liquor since he wasn't planning on getting completely drunk. After all he wasn't that keen on killing his brain. At least for now.

Sending him a judgmental look Jungkook impaled one of the marshmallows some random girl had shared with him earlier that night and held it over the flames.

"Where did your loverboy disappear to?" Jungkook asked, raising and eyebrow and Yoongi simply shrugged his shoulders. He'd come here because of Jimin and now the boy seemed to have vanished into thin air without much of an explanation.

"Would love to know." The older stated glancing around. People were dancing to music that was playing in the background. Some sat around the fire just like Jungkook and Yoongi were and some were jumping into the pool, trying to see who'd create the most intense splashes. Suddenly being a bit on the overweight side was a good thing that was accepted by society.

Overall the atmosphere was a lot more easygoing than Yoongi would have expected from some random party. Not that he was complaining.

"Kookie?! You're here?" A kind of a slurred voice came from behind them. When Yoongi turned around he came face to face with Jimin's friend Tae, who didn't seem to notice him since he was too busy staring at Jungkook.

When Jungkook looked up he seemed almost startled for a second, before sighing in relieve. Yoongi had no time to question it since Jungkook answered just a split second after. "Yeah, I am. Yoongi asked me if I wanted to. That's my friend Yoongi by the way." He pointed at Yoongi, who was looking up at Taehyung, this being the first time they met properly. An a bit awkward smile made its way to Yoongi's lips as he nodded towards Taehyung in recognition.

"Wait, you're Jimin's friend, right?" Taehyung said, smiling happily before extending his hand.

"Yoongi. Jimin mentioned you a couple of times." He was a bit stiff, but Taehyung didn't seem to mind as he took his hand still smiling widely, giving it a quick shake before turning around to Jungkook.

"Can I sit here?" He pointed at the space next to Jungkook, waiting for the younger's permission before making himself comfortable. Yoongi did not miss the way he slung one arm around Jungkook's hips, but decided not to comment on it. This was not his business to mingle with.

They sat there in silence for a while with Yoongi staring into the fire that was quietly crackling away.

"How do you know each other?" Yoongi decided to ask after a few minutes, realizing that last time he'd heard Jungkook talking about Taehyung it hadn't sounded like they were familiar with each other. He'd told Yoongi it was better to stay away from the trust fund kind, even if he seemed nice at the first glance.

"He's my coworker." Jungkook said quickly, knowing that would give Yoongi all the information he needed to know.

Yoongi opened his mouth, processing the information and filling in the areas of Jungkook's stories about his coworker with what he knew about Taehyung. "Ah. That's you." He turned towards Jungkook, giving him a thumbs up, before grinning cheekily. "I approve. You have my blessings."

With a disbelieving laugh escaping Jungkook's lips he flipped Yoongi off. "Who gave you the right to decide who I'm around?"

Yoongi didn't get the chance to say something back since Jimin appeared behind him out of nowhere, throwing his arms around Yoongi's shoulders and grinning widely. There was a faint smell of alcohol coming from Jimin, but it wasn't really bad.