Chapter 84

Chapter 84

●●●

„Fucking finally.“ Jimin let out in relieve when they left the small restaurant for the last time, Jimin holding a kuvert in his hand. Yoongi had actually asked their boss whether they could receive it in cash because it would just disappear on Jimin’s bank account and carrying it in your hand was an experience of its own.

“So, what are your final thoughts?” Yoongi asked amusedly, pushing his hands deeper into his pockets.

“First of all, apparently four hundred dollars are actually a lot of work, like ew.” Jimin stated, scrunching up his nose. “I’m glad I’m loaded.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “And?”

“Aside from that working with you was quite funny. I mean, sure it’s work, but I feel like I actually got stuff done and learned some shit. Also our boss was an asshole. I’ll be a better boss someday. I mean that’s not really a high standard but it’s something.” Jimin chuckled, interlinking their fingers.

“Wanna go do some stuff today? We could go to a bar or a cinema or-“ “And stoooop. Now think about that money you have… cinema is around 40 to 50 dollars and in a bar each drink is about 6 dollars… you really want to waste that much money?” Yoongi explained but Jimin just shrugged his shoulders.

“I wanna have fun tho.”

“We can do less expensive stuff. I don’t wanna be mean but dating you has been quite expensive so far, because I really don’t want you to pay everything for me, but I also don’t have the money to do all the stuff you want to do. So how about a simple evening watching some tv and eating chips or something like that?”

Jimin frowned. “You should have said something earlier.”

“I have now. What do you think?”

Sighing Jimin nodded. “Okay. How about going on a walk for a change? I could drive us to the outer edges of Seoul. There are a couple of nice routes.”

A warm smile took over Yoongi’s features. “Yeah sure. That sounds great.”

When they got back to Yoongi’s apartment it was already around nine pm. Jimin’s legs hurt and it had been a long day. Stepping forward to walk into the kitchen he tripped over a familiar brown box he certainly had tripped over at least five times at this point because his brain was too stupid to register an unmoving box.

Curiosity got the better of him. “What’s that?”

Yoongi looked up to see Jimin pointing at the box. His lips pressed into a thin line. “My father’s belongings.”

Jimin furrowed his brows. “Why are they here? Why not stow them away somewhere else?”

“Because I still haven’t gone through them.”

“Why not?” Jimin wasn’t trying to annoy Yoongi. He was simply curious. Yoongi knew, which was the main reason he didn’t get angry with Jimin even though his father still was a pretty sensitive topic to him.

“It’s a bit… I don’t know. I’m not sure if I’m ready for it.” He admitted, leaning against the wall.

“Why shouldn’t you be? It’s his belongings… I know that it’s pretty harsh to remember everything after what happened, but he is your father and he means a lot to you. I think that it might make you feel better? You probably know it better than me but…” Jimin rambled but Yoongi cut him off, reassuringly patting his shoulder.