𝟒

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I woke up pretty early again. My dad knocked on the door. But pretty hard. "Open this door or I have to open it!" he screamed. I stood up and took my clothes. He couldn't see me like this.

It took me 2 minutes. My dad was still on the door but I already unlocked it. "Good morning dad!" I said. "Where yoooouuuuu were y-y-yesterd-d-day?" he asked. He was obviously drunk again. "I-I was in the library." I said. I was scared my dad would hurt me again. "I-I-I was worried ab-b-bout you!" he said in a creepy voice. I took a few steps back and took my school bag. My dad would do something with me again and I had to flee that was sure.

My dad came slowly closer and closer. "I have to go to school dad!" I said carefully. "I-I'm sooooo....so worrrrrriiiedd about y-y-you!" he said and raised his voice. There was enough space so I could flee. I waited for the perfect moment and ran down the stairs. I heard my dad screaming my name and following me. Before he could catch me I closed the door behind me.

I ran a few meters and stopped then. My breath went pretty fast and my heart was racing. "Hey. Is everything alright?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I slowly turned around and there was Eddie. "Oh hey Eddie!" I said. I tried to sound normal. "What happened to you?" he asked and touched my back with his hand. "Oh....I-I just thought I could run a little bit." I lied. That was the dumbest lie. "Well, I just want to be sure if you're ok." Eddie said and smiled. I smiled back. "Let's walk to school together. I'm alone anyway.

So we started walking together. Eddie was actually a nice guy. And I never noticed that he lived a few houses next to me. What was great. We talked a lot about school and stuff like that until we arrived at the school. "Wow how the time flies." I said and looked at my clock. It was the same way and it still took 30 minutes but it felt like 5 minutes. "Thanks for the walk." I said. "You're welcome." Eddie said. I turned around but Eddie grabbed my arm. I turned back around to face him. "Hey, um, c-c-can we maybe.....hang out at lunch?" Eddie asked. "Sure. But my friend will be there too." I said. "It's ok. At least I don't have to be alone. Well see you there." Eddie said and walked away.

I never noticed how nice he was. I went inside and to my locker. Then I unlocked my locker and there was a note in it. I took it and read it:

Thank you for the beautiful day babe. I really wished I would see more of you ;)
Richie

I rolled with my eyes and threw this note away. Was this really all what he wanted? To fuck me? I mean seriously. I took my books and put them into my bag. Then I locked the locker and went to my next lesson. It was math class. Math class was my favorite class. Except that Richie had to sit next to me again. I mean he was so annoying. But I actually wanted.....no no Richie was a fuckboy. I couldn't trust him.

I went inside the classroom and sat down on my seat. Then I took my pencil case and my notebook and started to draw a little bit until the lesson started. The teacher came inside together with Richie. It was pretty weird. Richie came actually to late. Every day. But today he was not.

I frowned at him and continued drawing on my paper. He sat down next to me. I could smell he smoked. He smelled like a cigarette. It was disgusting and I was wondering how the teacher didn't notice it. "Hey babe. I hope you got my message." he said. I just nodded and rolled with my eyes.

"You look beautiful today." Richie said. He was staring at me and he had this soft voice again. Oh this soft voice. It made me go soft too. I turned around to face him. "Thank you." I said and smiled weak. At least it was a compliment. "Mr. Tozier, what was the answer for number 3 again?" I heard the teacher speaking. I chuckled and look at Richie. "Um.....I.....3?" he said. It was hard for me not to laugh. "This is the last time for this week. If this happens again, you'll go into my office." the teacher said and raised his voice. He then continued reading the numbers out of the math book.

Richie looked down at the floor and sighed. "Wow Tozier that was great." I said and chuckled again. He nudged me a little bit and smiled then. "Shut up." he said with a little smile. What was it? He was different today. He never really made me laugh.

After a long lesson it was time for lunch. I almost forgot Eddie who wanted to meet me. So I went to the cafeteria. It was so full and hard to find anyone. After a while I saw a table right in the corner where Eddie and Olivia said. I headed to the table and smiled. "I see you two know each other already." I said and smiled.

They looked up and I saw Eddie smile was the biggest smile he could give someone. "Yeah. He told me he would eat with you and me. So yeah. Never knew Eddie Kaspbrak is actually that nice." Olivia said and looked at him. I sat down next to Eddie and smiled at him. "What's up?" I asked. "Um....n-n-nothing." he said and stroke his arm with his hand.

He was always so nervous. I was wondering why. I stopped smiling and looked at Olivia. She just looked down at the floor.

After a while of no talking I saw Richie walking in our direction. I smiled and called his name. He looked at me and walked faster. "Hey April." he said. Wow that was the first time he didn't say 'hey babe'. "Richard, you finally learned my name." I said and chuckled. Richie looked at Eddie who smiled weak and back at me. "I have to go." he said. The smile on his face was now gone. "What? Why?" I asked. He just walked away.

What is going on with Richard!