𝟗

I walked down the corridors, thinking about everything. All this already happened. And it was not even the second week yet. My feelings went crazy. Everything was mixed up. I saw Richie sitting on a bench and my heart started to pound faster. He wore his glasses again and he looked really good with them. I walked to him and sat down next to him. "Why are you so alone?" I asked. Richie looked sad and mad and usually he was with his friends or happy. He just looked down and ignored it. "Richie?" I asked carefully.

He slowly looked up. "I'm so sorry April." he said. "What? What do you sorry for?" I asked and frowned. "I know what happened. What Stan did to you. I hate him. This is so....." he didn't continue. "It's ok Richie." I said and touched his back. "I'm....ok." I said. "No it's not ok. I'll kill him." he said and stood up. I grabbed his arm and tried to stop him. "Come on Richie. It's not worth it. Just ignore it." I said. I didn't want him to fight with Stan. Stan was very strong. Stronger than Richie. He would hurt Richie and I didn't want him to get hurt.

I didn't want him to get hurt. Wow. I never thought this before. But why was Richie so mad. I mean it has nothing to do with him. And Richie....I mean he just wants girls and girls. But what he did was nice. He wanted to give Stan back what he did to ME! I was shocked but I still tried to stop him. "Richie don't do it ok. Don't do it!" I said. He looked back at me. Then the mad gaze on his face was gone.

"A-Are you ok?" I asked. He hesitated and nodded then. "It's ok Richie. It just takes a little bit time but then it'll be ok again." I said. He took my hand. It made my heart pounding faster. And my breath went also faster. "It's not ok April. But I'm gonna losten to you." he said. Then he let my hands go down and smiled weak. At this time I was actually happy to be with him. But I didn't love him. Of course. Just as a friend.

"Can we meet later?" he asked. "S-S-Sure." I said. "Well, I'll meet you at Olivia's house ok?" he said. I nodded and then he left. I stood there in the corridors and tried to calm down again.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

The school was finally over. I went to my locker and put my books inside it. Then I went to the door and waited for Olivia. She came after a while and hugged me. "I hope you feel better now." she said and smiled weak. "I do." I said. "Great." Olivia said. We started to walk home.

"So April. I thought it's time to talk with you about something." Olivia said and sat down next to me in her bed. We were in her room. "What's it now?" I asked and laughed a little bit. "Well what about college? I mean it's time you pick one." she said. "I wanted to go with you. I mean that we go together." I said. College was a big thing for me. It meant a lot to me. I really wanted to go to a college since I was 10. And it was time to pick one.

We both thought about. There was one college we really wanted to go to. The Queens University. It was a big University but also a little bit far away. "What about the Queens University. We wanted to go there since we were.....I don't know maybe 13." I said. Olivia smiled and we both looked at each other. "That's it." We said and smiled. "We'll go to the Queens University." We both said at the same time. "We should write them. Then we need to send them our grades. We'll make it." Olivia said.

We both continued talking about the college until Olivia's mum knocked on the door. She opened the door and smiled. "Um April, there's a boy on the door for you." she said. I smiled and stood up. Then I remembered Richie. My heart started to race. "Could you please tell him I'll be there in a few minutes?" I asked. She nodded and left the room then. "April?" Olivia asked and smirked. "What?" I said and shrugged. "I knew it. It's Richie right?" she asked. I nodded slowly. "I ship Richil." she said. I frowned at her. "What's Richil?" I asked. "It's you and Richie of course." she said. I rolled with my eyes.

"Well I think I go down now." I said and touched the door handle. "Have fun. But not to much. Don't get pregnant." she said. I smiled weak and left the room. Then I went downstairs and there was Richie on the sofa in the living room. "Hey Rich." I said and smiled. "Hey babe." he said. I still thought it was weird to call me babe. We were not together and we didn't love each other. But that was Richie who we talked about.

We went outside and I closed the door behind me. "I know the perfect place we could go to." Richie said. "What? Where?" I asked. "Just trust me." he said and smirked. I shrugged and we started walking.

After a while we arrived at the frozen yogurt store. I loved frozen yogurt but I never knew Richie knew that. "Oh my god I fucking love frozen yogurt." I said. "Woah you can swear." Richie said. I shrugged again and we went inside. It smelled so good inside the store. The tables looked so sweet with little fruits on it and the chairs looked like big cups. We went to the frozen yogurt machine. Richie took too cups. "What do you want babe?" he asked. "Strawberry. And raspberry please." I said and smiled.

Richie made my frozen yogurt and gave it to me. I waited until he did his one and we went over to the candy's. There were so many candy's. Chocolate sprinkles , gummy bears, colorful sprinkles, little waffles, strawberries and lots of other berries and also strawberry and chocolate sauce. There were to many. So I just took a little bit from everything. Richie only took the chocolate sauce and some gummy bears. Then we went to buy them. I almost couldn't wait because I wanted to eat them.

Richie took both frozen yogurts on the counter and the cashier tapped at his computer. That would be $15,45 please. Richie searched for his money and I started to do it too. "Wait. I'll buy yours." he said. He took the money and gave it to the cashier. "Keep the change." he said. Then he gave me my frozen yogurt and took his frozen yogurt.

We searched for a table and took the big one at the window. Then we sat down. I started to eat my frozen yogurt.

I was done before Richie was. I threw my cup away and watched Richie eating. He looked so cute. With his glasses and the dirty mouth. "You should wear tose glasses every day." I said. Richie looked up with a dirty mouth. It made me giggle. "What?" he said still with a little bit frozen yogurt in his mouth. "Never mind." I said and started laughing.

Richie threw the empty cup away and sat back down. His mouth was clean again. "And now?" I asked. I looked outside the window but what I saw was not good.