𝟐𝟔

he slowly opened his eyes and frowned at the letter. It was the open letter so he started reading. I just looked at his face. But his reaction while he read was weird. He frowned and frowned. It got worse and worse. Then he took down the letter and stared at me. "And?" I asked with a slight smile.

Richie hesitated. He laud down the letter in the kitchen counter. "Did you say yes?" he asked. I frowned. "What?" I asked. "Did you say yes?" he asked again and raised his voice a little bit. "Y-Y-Yes of course. I mean I told you I dreamed about it since I was 11. I mean....what's going on?" I asked. I was confused. But something told me this would end up bad.

"April you can't do that!" he said. "What? Why?" I asked now a little bit quieter. "Think about us. How do you think this is gonna work?" he said. I took a few steps forward. "Richie....everything is ok." I said. "No!" Richie said even more louder. "This won't work April. Don't tell me you thing a long-distance relationship is gonna work." he added. "O-O-Of course it's gonna work. We just call each other every day and I visit you and you can visit me. And we...." Richie interrupt me. "April this won't work. Either we won't find time for each other anymore or we find someone else. Long-distance relationships are the worst. They always end up with two broken hearts." he said.

I covered my mouth with my hand. Richie had little tears in his eyes. "Richie please. Trust me." I said carefully. "I trust you April but....I can't do this. You'll have to choose. Me or the college?" he said and crossed his arms. I widened my eyes. "You can't do this to me." I said. "I'm sorry April." he said and came closer. He grabbed my chin with his hand and our heads touched each other. He looked deep into my eyes. "I'm so sorry. But if you can't choose then I do it." he said. "No." I said quietly. "April I love you." he started. "and that's why I'm doing this now." he continued. He hesitated for a short time and took a deep breath then.

"April we're over." he said. And after this words came out of his mouth he left the kitchen and I heard him slamming the door. My eyes filled with tears and I stared to the door. Richie broke up with me. He broke up with me. I fell to the ground and started crying. I hoped Richie would come back now, telling me it was just a joke. Hugging me and kissing me. But of course he didn't come. He was gone. And who knows if I would see him again.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I heard my phone vibrate on the kitchen counter. With a wet face, because I cried, I stood up and took my phone. I was hoping Richie was calling me. But I saw the name Olivia and already knew why she was calling.

I sniffed and answered the phone.

"Oh my goodness April. Where the hell are you?"

"I-I-I'm at home."

"April? Are you ok?"

"No!"

"What? What happened? Where's Richie?"

"I told him about the college."

"Oh no"

"and he told me he loves me to much to have a long-distance relationship. So he broke up with me.....and now he's gone. And I probably will never ever see him again." I started crying again.

"Calm down. You can tell me everything again. I just ask Eddie if he can drive me. I'll be there in a few minutes."

Then she hung up. I sniffed and went to the living room. Bot the best decision. The big teddy bear, Richie had given to me, was still on the sofa. And after I saw it I just cried more. I sat down next to the teddy bear and cuddled with it. It smelled like Richie. Tears rolled down my cheek and I thought about Richie.

Suddenly everything didn't care. The only thing I wanted was Richie. And after this day I wasn't even sure If I would see him again. Was this the end? Was this how I would end? Heartbroken on college?

I heard someone knocking on the door. I didn't want to leave the bear so I just took it with me and went to the door. Then I opened the door to see Olivia in her beautiful grey dress. I wrapped my arms around her and the bear fell to the floor. She hugged me back and I started crying into her shoulder.

"Oh no honey don't cry. It's ok. Everything will be ok." she said and stroke my back. "No. He left me. He was so angry and sad. It was horrible." I said and stopped hugging her. "Come. We go inside." Olivia said. I nodded and she closed the door behind her. Then we went to the living room and sat down on the sofa.

"So tell me what he did. Again. And don't cry. I don't want to see you crying." Olivia said and stroke my back again. I told her exactly what happened. She covered her mouth with her hand so she wouldn't scream or something like that. After I was done her eyes widened. "He really asked you to choose?" she asked. I nodded. "Oh no." she said and hugged me again. "This is terrible." she added. I tried not to cry the whole time and my throat started to hurt.

"Everything will be ok. We just go to this college, live our dreams and you'll forget about him. You know it was also hard for Eddie. But on Sunday the train will arrive. We go inside it and drive to the college and then you'll forget about him." Olivia said. Forget him. But I didn't want to forget him. I wanted to be with him. I just nodded. Sunday. On Sunday we have to go." this was the last time that I have seen him." I thought to myself. 

The last time