𝟏𝟔

It was Monday. I would see Richie again and that made me happy. I was already on my way to school, my gaze on the beautiful butterfly in front of me. It made me happy. I heard the birds singing again and the weather was perfect.

My Sunday was boring. I just studied. But now it was Monday and I could see Richie again.

I arrived at my school and noticed a big banner at the door. '2018 prom' it said. In front of it there were som girls, distributing flyers.  My heart pounded faster. It was almost time for the prom. And for my college. I was more than excited. I ran up the stairs to the girl and took a flyer. My heart pounded faster and faster.

Everyone would think I was stupid. But I didn't care. Olivia and I always freaked out when we talked about the prom and college. And now it was time for the prom. I was so excited. I walked down the corridors, reading the flyer:

2018's prom
It's almost time to say goodbye again. long years with up and down at this school. Not anymore. Now it's time to take your dresses and party.
Place: at the gym
Time: 6:00pm-10:00pm
On: April 19th
You can get drinks, food, music and you can meet a lot of people. Be ready for the 2018 prom. We're excited to see you there.

I almost screamed. The prom was already in one week and I would go shopping with Olivia. I had to find her. I made my way to my locker and unlocked it. Then I put my flyer inside it and took my books. I locked the locker again and walked down the corridors. I waled around the corner and there was Richie. My heart started to pound faster again. I had forgotten about him after I had seen these flyers.

He smiled at me and I smiled back. Then i walked over and gave him a tight hug. "Good to see you again." he said in his soft voice. I missed this voice. "I missed you on Sunday." I whined. He laughed softly and we started to walk to our classroom. Richie, as nice as he was, took my books and carried them for me.

"Did something happen?" he asked. "What? No." I said. My head was still at the flyer. I couldn't think about the prom. About the beautiful dresses Olivia and I would wear. About the perfume we both would use. And how happy we would be. But oh god. We needed a partner. "Would Richie ask me out? Or what if he wouldn't go?" I asked myself. All those thoughts were mixed up in my head and I didn't notice that we were in out classroom.

I looked up and saw some people staring at me. I rolled with my eyes and sat down. Richie sat down next to me and smiled at me again. At least I had Richie next to me. I put my pencil case and my notebook on the desk and turned around to face Richie.

"Well Richie, I have a question." I said. I wouldn't ask him for the prom. But I would ask if he would go. I just had to know it. Maybe he would ask me for the prom then.  "What do you think about the prom?" I asked him. "The prom? It's actually great. I heard lots pf good things about it." he said. My hope he would ask me for the prom was now gone. I nodded and turned back around. That didn't go well.

I put out a pencil and started drawing random things into my notebook

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

It was lunch break. I left the classroom together with Richie and we walked down the corridors to the cafeteria. Olivia would be there and I knew she would freak out because of the prom. Richie and I entered the cafeteria and I already saw Olivia waving at us. I chuckled a little bit while Richie frowned. Then we went to the table.

I noticed Eddie next to Olivia. It made me smirk weak. Olivia and Eddie were actually the perfect couple. Richie and I sat sown in front of them and I took Olivia's hands. "Olivia....do you know what happened?" I asked and smirked. "April....I know what happened." she said. "The prom. You know what this means." I said. We hesitated. "It's time for prom shopping." we both said and raised our arms. I saw Eddie and Richie frowning but I didn't care.

I gave Olivia a high five and sat back down. Eddie stared at Olivia while Richie stared at me.

"I didn't know you both like the prom so much." Eddie said. He gave us a cute smile and turned around to face Olivia. They started talking about something but it was to loud in the cafeteria. I ignored it and looked at Richie. "The prom is a big thing for me and her." I said and smiled. "Why?" Richie asked and frowned. "Because we wanted to go to the prom since we were 11. It's a big thing for us you know." I said. Richie frowned and laughed then. "You look cute when you're so excited." he said. I turned a little bit red and laid my head down on his should.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

It was 3pm. Olivia would pick me up in a few minutes and we would drive to the shopping centre. I was very excited. We would buy the dresses for the prom and I couldn't wait anymore. I put my money and my phone into my pocket and headed downstairs. Then I searched for my shoes which I threw away after school. After a while I had found my black adidas shoes and put them on. In the perfect moment I saw Olivia's car in the front yard.

I took my keys and ran outside. Everyone would think I was stupid but I was just so excited to buy my prom dress. I closed the door behind me and walked down the stairs. Then I opened the door of Olivia's car and sat down on the passenger seat.

"Hey." she said and smiled. "Oh my god I'm so excited." I said. "Oh my god me too." she said. We made some weird noises and then Olivia started the car.

"But Olivia," I started. She nodded. "we don't have a partner." I said. "I go with Richie.....probably....I mean he hasn't asked me yet, but I think he will. But what's with you?" I added. "Oh don't worry. Eddie a...." she stopped. It was silence for a moment. "Olivia?" I said and smirked weak. "What?" she asked and pretended to know nothing. "What's with Eddie?" I asked. "N-Nothing. Who's Eddie?" she asked. "Oh my god Olivia! Did Eddie ask you for the prom?" I said. I was freaking out.

We dreamed so long to do this. And I was so happy for Olivia that she finally had someone. Eddie was perfect for her and I thought he would be good for her.

"It was supposed to be a surprise." she said and shrugged. "Oh my god Olivia! Now I can freak out." I said. I started screaming as she did and laughed then. "That's the greatest shit ever. The prom will be perfect." I said. "We both have a man." Olivia said and smiled.

We arrived at the shopping centre and Olivia parked in the parking lot. Then we both went inside the shopping centre.

"Woah the last time I was here was probably years ago." I said and looked around. The shopping centre was very big. The big shops were the best. Food stores, little kiosks, big shops like Nike and little shops. There was also a Pub inside the shopping centre. There were lots of escalators and stairs and there were so many people walking around. Little kids with their parents, grandmas with flowers, Middle school kids, adults, and of course we.

I turned around to face Olivia and smiled at her. "This place is the greatest shit ever." I said and jumped around. We laughed and the first thing we did is running to the ice cafe. Olivia and I bought ice scream and started eating it. On our way to the big prom dress store we stopped at Starbucks and bought a milkshake. I bought a strawberry milkshake and Olivia bought a chocolate milkshake. After that we continued walking. This shopping centre was the greatest shit ever.

"Wow. I lost already $20." she said and laughed. "Sorry." I said and laughed too. We went to the prom dress store and stopped in front of it. The big neon letter on the top said 'Prom dress store'. It was maybe not the greatest name but we knew we would buy the greatest prom dress ever. We hesitated and looked at each other. Then we ran inside and laughed.