𝟕

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

We arrived at Richie's house. It looked actually really pretty. There were flowers and plants everywhere and it looked actually big from the outside. Richie searched for his keys and opened the door. Then we went inside. It was also really pretty from the inside. Big and clean. Not like I thought. Richie ran to the corner and took a blanket. Then he ran back and gave me the blanket. "Here. Let's go up to my room." he said. His voice was still so soft and not like the Richie voice I knew.

We went inside his room and he locked the door. "Wait. I give you some of my clothes." he said and went to his wardrobe. I sat down on his bed. It was very big. His room was very messy and there were clothes everywhere. I stood up and went to his desk.

There were school books, pencils, papers and clothes on it. And then there was something else. I looked at it in disgust and slowly picked it up. It was a condom. Luckily it was still closed. I turned around to Richie who also turned around at the same time with the clothes. "Oh just-just put that back on the table." Richie said with any emotion. I frowned and put it back. Then I went to him and took the clothes. "Thank you." I said. "You're welcome. Hey and, if it makes you feel better, I think you look hot in you underwear." he said. I felt my heart racing again. "T-T-Thank you....I guess." I said and smiled weak.

Then I went to the bathroom. I locked the door and put on the clothes. Richie gave me grey sweatpants and a black The Beatles T-shirt. The clothes were to big but I felt better. The clothes smelled like Richie. It smelled....good. I unlocked the door and went back into Richie's room. He sat on his bed.

"Thank you for helping me Richie." I said. He looked and smiled. "You look good." he said. Wow. That was the first time Richie was soft. I mean for so long. He was so nice. "I actually would have school but yeah I think I won't go. Just for today." I said. "Then I guess I go back to Olivia's house." I said.

"Wait!" Richie said and stood up. "I wanted to ask something first." I frowned at him. "What's with your house? You said you can't go home." he said. I hesitated. "Um....I don't think this is..." he interrupt me. "I swear you can trust me." he said and touched his chest with his hand. I hesitated again. Then I sighed.

"Well this is a secret so don't tell it anyone." I said and looked down. It made me sad to talk about it. I won't like I said." He said and touched my shoulder. "Well my mum died a long time ago and after that my dad started to drink a lot of alcohol. He'a now an alcoholic and he doesn't allow me to go outside. He wants me to clean the house, make food for him and all this stuff. And every time I didn't do what he wanted he punched me or slapped me. Then one day he started to freak out. He took a glass and..." I hesitated and showed him the scars on my arm. "......this happened. I always tried to make it better but my dad....he a psychopath. No he isn't. I mean...I don't know. I love my dad. Of course. I have to. I-I don't know what to do anymore." I said and started crying.

I didn't even know why I was telling him this. I mean would he really keep the secret. I felt terrible doing this. Telling him my secrets. But it felt also good.

Richie looked down at me. He carefully touched the scars and hugged me then. "I'm so sorry April. I don't know what to say." he said in the soft voice again. Then we stopped hugging each other. It felt good to hug him. Wow. I never knew I would think this one day. "April I'm here for you. I can not even imagine how you feel. You should call the police." he said. "No! No! I can't. He's my dad. I love him. I have to. I can't Richie." I said. "I'm not sure about this." he said.

We stood there for a while in silence. "I think I better go now. Olivia is probably worried about me." I said. "Sure." he said. We walked down the stair to his front door. Richie opened the door for me. "Thank you Richie." I said, "You'll get those clothes back. I promise." I said and looked down at me. "Oh no no. Keep them. You look better in them then I do any way." he said. I smiled at his compliment. "Well I guess I see you at school." I said. "Yeah. See you at school." Richie said. I waved and started to walk.

It didn't take me long until I finally arrived at Olivia's house. I saw her walking around at her window. I knew she was nervous. I walked to the door and knocked. And after a few second Olivia opened the door and hugged me immediately. We went inside and she looked down at me. "What happened? And what are you wearing?" she asked. I told her everything and we went up to her room. Then I sat down on her bed. She was walking around again.

"So let me get this straigt, you were at Richie Tozier's house?" she said. She sounded like a fan girl. "I was in his room and these are his clothes." I said. Why did it feel so good to wear Richie's clothes? Every time I smelled him in his clothes it made my heart pound faster. Olivia screamed.

"Calm down!" I said quiet. "Now you can't tell me you don't love him." she said and crossed her arms. I hesitated and shrugged then. "Come on April. Be honest to yourself." she said. I hesitated again. She was not wrong. I always felt this weird feeling. Every time Richie was near. My heart pounded fast, my breath went fast, I started to panic or whatever you want. But.....I din't love him. No never. Never ever. I didn't love him, right?