𝟐𝟓

I slowly opened my eyes after I heard a loud and uncomfortable noise. My alarm. I searched for my alarm with my hand to turn it off but after I didn't find it I had to look. I turned off the alarm. I moaned tiredly and stood up. After I fell asleep I totally forgot the time. But I knew it was Saturday. The prom day. Today it was the day I would get the honor to go to the prom. And today I could finally tell Richie about everything.

I went to the mirror on my wall and noticed my messy hair. I couldn't go like this. I needed a shower. I sighed and opened the door of my room. Then I went to the bathroom and locked the door. Although no one was at home, I still locked the doors.

I undressed myself and went under the shower. I turned on the shower and the warm water hit my body and calmed me down.

After I took a long shower I took some sweatpants and a t-shirt. It was only 12am and it were still 7 hours until Richie would puck me up. Until I would tell him about the college. Every second I got more excited. I let my hair dry and looked inside my phone. There were some messages from Olivia:

Olivia the teddy 🧸❤️
are u ok?

Olivia the teddy 🧸❤️
but I'll see u at the prom right?

Olivia the teddy 🧸❤️
come on answer me

Olivia the teddy 🧸❤️
I'm scared

I rolled my eyes playfully and answered her. Then I went to my wardrobe. I opened it and the shiny dress hung right in front of me. The beautiful dark blue dress looked even more beautiful than the first time. I took it and laid it down on my bed. I had to take everything what I needed for my outfit.

I took my favorite golden necklace and my black high heels. These high heels were the only shoes I had for the dress. I put it all on my bed and went to my phone. It was 2:35pm. I still had a lot of time. I decided to listen to music. I took my speakers and turned on my bluetooth. Then I opened my music and scrolled down my playlist for a song. The first song that played was The less I know the better by Tame Impala.

I started jumping around and singing to the lyrics. And that's what I did for hours. I listened to my whole playlist with my 58 songs. But after that I had enough. Enough jumping for a while. I looked at the time and noticed it was 5:47pm. Richie would pick me up at 6:45pm so I had only one hours left. Now it was time to make myself ready.

I turned off the still very loudly music and put my speakers back into my desk. Then I went to my dress. I took it and undresses myself. I threw the sweatpants and the t-shirt into the corner and put on the beautiful dress. Then I went to the mirror with the necklace. It was very difficult to put on the necklace because I couldn't see it. But after a while I finally did it. Then I took the black shoes. I put them on and went back to the mirror.

The light made my dress shine. And when I turned around my dress flew up and down. It was the first time that I wore such a beautiful dress. You could still see a little bit of my boobs but I still didn't care. I looked at my beautiful golden necklace. I was happy with myself. My reflection reminded me of my mother. Every time she wore dresses I was like 'can I wear that too'. I was like a little fan of my mum.

My mum was a beautiful woman with a bug heart and I mussed her. Oh I missed her more than anything. I was wondering what she would say to this. To this dress. Or to my outfit. I closed my eyes for a moment and said the words 'I love you mum'. It was a little sad moment but I stopped because I didn't want to cry. I opened my eyes again and looked at myself. Then I walked over to my desk where my perfume stood. I took it and used it so I would smell good.

It was the perfume which smelled like flowers. Then I just laid down on my bed and closed my eyes for a while. I was still a little bit tired but to excited. What would happen when Richie would show up?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I opened my eyes after I heard a loudly door bell. My heart started to pound faster. I looked at the clock. 6:48pm. Oh no. Richie was already at the door. I ran over to the mirror and looked at myself. My hair was normal and I still smelled like a bunch of flowers. Then I ran down the stairs and opened the door. I was out of breath and tried to breath normal.

"Woah hello." Richie said. "Are you ok?" he added. I nodded and smiled slightly. Richie looked perfect as always. His messy hair looked very good. Like very very good. And his cheekbones looked deeper. His lips, full as always, were a opened slightly and his thin body was in a very elegant tuxedo.

"You look good Richie." I said and smiled. He looked at me and started to smile. "Woah April. You look.....cute and....and hot. I mean you look.....I mean.....you look perfect." Richie said and turned a little bit red. That was the first time he turned red because of me.

I smiled slightly and gave him a kiss. "Come inside." I said and smiled. He frowned weak. "Why? I thought we go to the prom." he said. "No. I mean yes. But I have to show you something." I said and smiled. Now Richie was here and I had to tell him about the university. He frowned even more and went inside. Then he closed the door behind him. I went i to the kitchen where the letter was.

My heart started to pound faster. All I thought was 'what would he say?'. I started to freak out. I slowly took the letter and luckily Richie didn't notice it. Then I stopped and turned around. Richie also stopped and frowned again.

"Well what do you want to show me?" he asked. "Ok ok close your eyes." I said. Richie chuckled weak. "Ok." he said. He closed his eyes. "Now put your hands outside so I can give you something." I said. Richie did it. I took a deep breath and put the letter into Richie's hands. Then I took a few steps back and took the next deep breath. "No open your eyes." I said. He slowly opened his eyes and.....