𝟐𝟒

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

It was one day before the prom. Just one day. I was on my way to school together with Richie. It was so hard not to say something about the college. I wanted to tell him so badly about it. But it had to be a surprise.

Richie was holding my hand. I was wondering where the old Richie was. The cigarette Richie. The drunk Richie. The 'babe' Richie. I looked up and our eyes met. "Richie I have a question." I said. Richie nodded. "Where is the old Richie?" I asked and frowned slightly.

He also frowned. "What do you mean?" he asked. "I mean the bad guy. I mean you know....cigarettes and alcohol. And 'babe'." I said. Richie smiled slightly. "I always thought you hated my old me" he said. I shrugged. "I don't." I said. "I just don't like it when you smoke." I added. Richie smiled even more. "That's why I stopped For you." he said. I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

We continued walking until we arrived at my school. Students went inside and outside, as always. There were already balloons and paper chains everywhere for the next day. The prom day. The prom was on a Saturday. To be honest, I thought it was pretty weird to celebrate it on a Saturday. But everything looked beautiful.

"I'm so excited for tomorrow." I said. Richie smiled at me. "Babe....me too. To see your hot body in a skinny dress." he said and smirked weak. "are you doing that extra now?" I said and chuckled. He hesitated. "No." he said and smiled slightly. "I love you Richie." I said and smiled. He smiled too. "I love you too April." he said.

We went inside and to my locker. I opened my locker and took my books. I didn't have that long school on this day. Because of the prom everyone was allowed to go home after the lunch break. It made me pretty happy because I still didn't like school.

I locked my locker and we walked down the corridors. I spotted Olivia with Eddie in the corner. They stood there and talked. They both looked very shyly and they smiled at each other. Of course I couldn't hear what was going on. It was to noisy and the only thing I could hear was other people talking.

I stopped and Richie frowned at me. "What?" he asked. "Wait! There's Olivia and Eddie." I whisper-screamed at him. Richie looked over at Eddie and Olivia and smirked slightly. Olivia saw us and turned a little bit red. She turned back around to face Eddie and talked with him again. Then they just stood there for a moment until they kissed. It was a short cute kiss. You could say a.....a kindergarten kiss.

She turned around and walked over to us with a red face. "Woah what was that?" I asked her and laughed. "are you a 5th grader?" Richie asked. Olivia rolled her eyes playfully. "No! Obviously not! We just want to take things slow you know." she said and turned back to face me. I smiled. "I know. I was just kidding. You're cute. Even how Eddie looks at you right now." I said and looked at Eddie who stood there in embarrassment.

"What?" Olivia said shyly. She turned red again and grabbed my hand. "We really need to go!" she said. "Or I'll die." she added. I nodded and we all left Eddie in the corner. We walked down the corridors and stopped then. "Well my classroom is here. Sorry I just had to go. Eddie is so....so cute. He makes me blush so much." Olivia said and made heart eyes. Richie chuckled a little but but stopped after I had nudged him.

"I understand that." I said and looked at Richie and then back at Olivia. "I'll see you at lunch." Olivia said. She hugged me and went inside her classroom.

We walked back to our classroom. Richie and I had biology together.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

It was lunch. Richie and I sat on a table with Olivia. We ate a little bit and talked about the prom. I mean Olivia and I talked about it. Richie just sat there, ate and listened to us. Sometimes his hand was on thigh, or his arm was wrapped around me. But he didn't really say much.

I looked outside the bug windows. With all tose people talking I couldn't even think right. Al I thought was college, University, Prom. That was my head. Mixed up with some things. I didn't know what was going on in Olivia's head but I was sure we thought the same things.

I got a headache of all this and had to calm down a little bit. I laid my head down on Richie's shoulder and closed my eyes. I was thinking about the college. The train. How expensive would the ticket be? How long would it take to get it? What should I put into my bags? And I also had to surprise Richie. How?

I thought. Maybe I could tell him to come pick me up earlier. Then we talk a while, I tell him about the letter and we both will be so happy. Then we will go to the prom. That was my plan. Or was that a dumb plan? I didn't know anymore.

My thoughts went so crazy and I didn't notice Eddie who sat down next to Olivia. My head was still on Richie's shoulder. His arm was wrapped around me and it seemed like I also didn't notice that. I opened my eyes and saw Eddie and Olivia talk.

All I could think about was to go home. To go home and lay down in my bed. I was tired. I felt kinda sick. I looked at my clock. It was 12:48pm. I sighed and stood up. Richie stood up too and Olivia and Eddie stared at us.

"What's going on?" Olivia asked. I looked at Richie who also frowned at me. "I really need to go home. I feel terrible." I said. "But you can't. You have to wait 'till 1." Olivia said. "What if the teacher sees it?" she added. "I don't care. I just go home. I'm sorry Olivia. I see you tomorrow." I said and waved at them. Then I walked out of the cafeteria. Richie followed me but I didn't turn around.

"April are you ok?" he asked and placed his hand on my shoulder. I turned around to face him. "Yeah it's just.....I feel sick. I better go home. You can stay. I mean I don't want you to get in trouble." I said and scratched the back of my head. "No. I go with you." he said and grabbed my hand. I smiled slightly and continued walking. I just walked and looked for teacher who could see me.

Then I left the building together with Richie. We crossed the street and walked in the direction of my house. Richie, of course, didn't stop at his street. He followed me until we arrived at my house.

After we had arrived, I searched for my keys and opened the front door. Then I turned around to face Richie.

"I better go to bed. I'm pretty tired." I said. Richie nodded. "I just go home. Or should I stay?" he asked. "However you want." I said through my teeth. Richie smiled slightly. "I go home. I just give you some time, alright?" he said. I nodded gratefully. Richie gave me a little kiss. "I see you tomorrow." I said. "With the beautiful dress." Richie said. I chuckled weak and smiled then. "See you." I said. "See you." he said. Then I closed the door and went up to my room.