𝟐𝟖

"We're to late." I said. Olivia didn't answer. "What if we aren't" she said after a while. I frowned at her. "What do you mean?" I asked her. "You can still go to him. We just have to stop the train." she said. "What? No!" I said. Olivia looked at the train door. "Olivia no. We're going to this college. I won't let you go alone." I said. Olivia rolled her eyes.

"Come on April. This isn't about the college right? You just want to help me." she said. I said nothing. "April I know....the college isn't as important as Richie. I mean it's obvious. It was the whole time." she said. "No. Olivia I want to go to this college with you." I said. "Oh honey. You don't even want to leave Richie." she said. I said nothing again.

"Come on April I know it's true. I'm not mad. I love you April. And as your best friend I'm here for you. So I'm in this. Now we need to stop that train, right?" she said. I hesitated. Was this right? I mean I loved Olivia. And I didn't want her to go without me. But all I thought about was Richie. I didn't even spend my time on the college. It was Richie. The whole time.

"We don't have much time. Now tell me......Richie or the college?" she said. I hesitated again. "Tell me!" she said. My hand were fists and I thought. Richie or Olivia? Richie or the college? Richie or my best friend? What was more important than all this. "Oh my god April I know it. You know it too." Olivia said and grabbed my arm. She ran to the door. "Where is this fucking emergency lever?" she said. I looked back at a man who was walking in our direction.

"Oh there it is!" Olivia said. I looked at her. She raised her hand to take the emergency lever so the train would stop. "No!" I said and looked back at the man who walked faster. It all went so fast. Olivia pulled the lever and the train stopped. Weird noises came through my ears and the train was now standing. The door was open. Olivia pulled me down.

"Run. Run back. Go to Richie. Here take my car." she said and gave me the keys. I was speechless. "You don't need me April. And I'm ok without you. But call me. I'm gonna miss you. I'll send you everything but that's not important now. Go get your man." she screamed down at me. I nodded and looked at her with widened eyes. My heart was racing. "are you sure?" I asked. She nodded and smiled slightly. "I love you April." She said and smiled more. "I love you too." I said. "Now run!" Olivia said.

I took a deep breath and started to run. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. My breath went fast bust I didn't stop. I didn't. I ran and ran, thinking about Richie and Olivia. Olivia. She did this for me. I was running away. My chance to go to a college is now gone. And just because I'm in love with a boy. And I can't live without him. Was this even the right thing to do?

It started to rain. It was pretty windy and my face was wet because of the rain. I could I already see a little bit of the train station. People walking around, bags and little pets. As always. Suddenly I ran faster. I went the same way that I cam with Olivia and to her car. Then I took the keys and opened the car. I sat down and started the car. Before I could do something else I drove down the street in the direction of Richie's house. My hands were firmly on the steering wheel and my breath went pretty fast.

I drove passed my house and stopped at Richie's house with a weird noise which probably came from the wheels. I opened the car door and ran up the stairs, hoping he would be there. My hair was all wet and my clothes too. And it was cold. I was shaking. I stood in front of the door, the water flowing down my body. Should I knock on the door? Would he be mad? I just would tell him what I feel. Like I did it with Olivia.

I hesitated and knocked on the door then. I heard heavy steps coming to the door and my heart started pounding faster. The door opened and I saw Richie. I mean not really Richie like. He looked different. He looked terrible. His eyes were dark and his hair was messy. I mean more messy than usual. He looked tired and like he had cried for hours.

"April?" I heard his exhausted voice. "Listen to me Richie. Before you say something I have to tell you something." I said. I took a deep breath.

"Look Richie I-I'm sorry for what I did. I know it was a lot with the college and everything. I understand it. I understand what you did. But today, when I was in that train, I looked outside and I realized that my life is nothing without you Richie. I can't live without you. I stopped the train and ran back. Back to you. Back home. Richie you're my home.
I never knew I would say this one day. But Richie Tozier I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Since the day I realized how much I love you, I knew it. Please don't be mad at me. I won't go to this college. I don't even want to anymore. I want to be with you." I said. I had finished my last sentence. Richie had big eyes.

"R-Richie?" I asked quietly. "You already had me after the 'listen to me'" he said and smiled. I smiled back. He wrapped his arms around me, although I was all wet.

(because of the rain you dirty mind kids)

He pulled me closer until our lips met. His hands touched my cheeks and he smiled through the kiss. "I was wrong." Richie said softly. "I was wrong. I shouldn't have done this." he added. "Sshh it's ok. You're here now. With me. I'm home." I said and smiled.

After this words he pulled me closer again and kissed me again. I was home. I was at my home. I was there were I had to be. With Richie.