Part 3

" What did you say?"

" Nothing" Xenia said  with a cheerful tone of voice to mask the years of loneliness she had spent without the presence of her father beside her.

" Xenia, were you sick till your brain stopped working?" a shocked voice interjected the warm atmosphere between the father and daughter.

Xenia turned to face the boy from the comfort of her father's lap and with a less than inviting expression asked: " Jared, does is hurt you not to be so rude and disrupt our time?"

Taken aback by the harsh tone of voice the boy, Jared, replied defensively :" What....I was just surprised by your sudden change in behaviour!"

Realising her severe tone, Xenia subdued her emotions and replied in a softer tone of voice: " I'm sorry, I didn't mean to speak to you so rudely."

"Its alright." Though Jared was not so convinced by Xenia insincere expression of apology.

"Now, now children. Stop fighting and eat your lunch. Oh and Xenia, Senka has applied for leave from university so you can rest for tomorrow before going back to school."

" Alright" Indeed it was, Xenia needed some time to arrange her thoughts and prepare herself for the pain and sadness that is to come when she sees a certain someone on campus.