Part 13

When Xenia had read finish the book, she turned her head around to Sam wanting to ask him to let her go. But she was abruptly hugged by him tightly. Feeling shocked Xenia struggled in his embrace, " Mr Evans please let me go immediately". But away from where her eyes could see, Sam's eyes were glowing. This time seeming stronger, like a blazing inferno.

Letting out a chuckle, Sam let her go "Must you be so unwilling to be with me?"

Hearing that Xenia had a question on her face. Was it not him that was unwilling to be close to her?

".... cute"

" I beg your pardon?" Xenia asked uncertain she had heard accurately. But they were soon interrupted by Senka calling for her. Realising that the party was over, Xenia hurriedly scrambled to the balcony while Sam leisurely followed behind.

Senka walked to the balcony only to see Xenia and Sam standing on each edge, one looking nervous while another calm contrasting each other.

"Mr Evans, you're still here?" Senka asked with a surprised tone.

" I'll be going" Sam replied, glancing at Xenia before heading to their Father to bid his farewell before going off.

Staring at his silhouette suspiciously Senka walked beside Xenia and asked " He didn't do anything did he?"

Thinking of Sam hugging her, Xenia felt her face heat up while trying to reply: " No......he did not."

Looking at her with an expression of disbelief, Senka said "its best if you do not get too close to him, lest you become like Jared, a puppet for him to play with." At this analogy, Xenia looked at her shocked, when had Senka gotten the idea that Sam was dangerous?

Having been called by their Father, Senka left Xenia alone on the balcony to review each and every event that had happened in their past life. As she thought of when Senka first met Sam, Senka's despise towards Sam and when she had started to chase him openly she was warned by Senka not to love a man like that. At that time she was so in love with him that she had ignored her advice.But at the end when Senka had gotten together with Sam, Xenia began to remember each and every of her warnings as a way to prevent her from getting to him.

But how? She wondered. How did Senka, who despised him so decide to be with him?