Part 5

In the car, the siblings finally settled themselves and were all back and seated on the chairs when Jared enthusiastically voiced out his admiration for Sam. " Isn't Sam just so amazing? So young yet so capable, plus he's really nice too!"

" I don't know about that, Mr Evans seems to be masking something to me. I think that it is better not to have contact with someone like him too much." replied Senka. Her face that was usually filled with a light hearted smile was instead more serious this time.

Xenia who had seen the true face of Sam kept quiet, yet in her mind she was reevaluating her impression of her sister.

Jared had wanted to rebut but was cut short as the car had finally parked nicely and allowed for the siblings to head to class.

When morning classes were finally over, the siblings who had gathered together to eat for lunch at the cafeteria were discussing about whether genetic engineering should be used despite its possible side effects when the deafening screams of girls interrupted their conversation.

Sam walked towards their table slowly, surrounded by fan girls seeming like a movie star at a red carpet event. Slowly he sat down at the table right beside Senka and said: "Genetic engineering should not be open to the public if it is not yet perfected as it might put other people at risk." Before slowly glancing at Xenia.

At his presence, Senka bright expression became perfunctory while Xenia hardened her face in an attempt not to leak the expression of a lovestruck lady that he despised so much in her last life.

Jared, who was glad that someone was finally on his side began to passionately illustrate his points yet again to make his stand. Yet, this time nobody was interested as each sat on the table with their own thoughts running through their head.

Turning towards Senka, Sam asked :" Why do you suppose genetic engineering should be used in current medicine?'

Xenia who had her head down during the whole conversation brought up her face only to see Sam and Senka being close and smiling at each other.

Looking at them, Xenia felt a slight hopelessness, indeed what is meant to be can never be torn apart. Even with the second life that was given to her , the heavens still chose for Senka and Sam to be together. Despite feeling unwilling, Xenia had to admit that they looked good together, a bright and youthful girl with a handsome and charismatic young man.

Sam who seemingly felt something turned to look at Xenia with interested eyes.

And Xenia, who was taken aback by his sudden action immediately lowered her head in a crude attempt to hide the ugly emotions that she felt.