Part 23

Xenia was looking through the window peering into the outside world, her eyes enamating despair and a sense of defeat as she stared at her Father and Brother lying in a pool of blood.

Suddenly the door opened and Senka rushed in. Looking at her family she screamed in horror. " DAD, JARED" Turning around she saw Sam. Looking at his glowing red eyes, Senka lunged at him screaming at the TOP of her lungs:" I knew it was you....you disgusting creature" hatred evident in her tone.

Looking at the beautiful red gem that had slipped out of Sam's shirt, a look of realisation crossed her face.

Running towards him, Senka hurriedly said: "Xenia, the gem must be broken....." before she was interrupted by a sharp stab from Sam.

"...For you to escape". Senka's body plopped lifelessly onto the pool of blood right beside her brother and Father.
Xenia let out a cry of despair as her soul momentarily left the gem reaching out for her family before she was pulled back into the gem accompanied by a searing pain that went right through her soul.

Caressing the necklace, Sam looked at her and commented : " your emotions are so delicious, especially despair"

But there was no reply as Xenia looked at her dead family in a daze.

Returning to his office, Sam sat down on the table and leaned back onto his chair. Staring at the winter scenery outside, he appeared to be deep in thought when the door opened revealing a pretty woman with strawberry blonde hair wearing a maid uniform.

Looking at the woman, Sam let out a wide smile as he called out to her: " Annie"

The woman having been called by him blushed red  as she stammeringly replied : " M...M'lord, I..... I'm here to clean the room."

Sam stood up and said: " alright I'll take a bath first" leaving the gem on his table, Sam walked to the bathroom leisurely.

Annie cleaned the room diligently and efficiently until she saw the gem that was still slightly glowing on the table.

Picking it up Annie commented, seemingly speaking to it, with a sigh : " how lucky you are to be have M'lord's affections."