Part 15

The next day, Xenia hurriedly ran to the library in an attempt to hide from him amongst the humongous bookshelves.

Whilst waiting for the lunch period to end, Xenia took a book from the shelves to read. However the book was so bland that Xenia felt her eyes close from boredness before falling into a light nap with the book placed neatly on her lap.

Xenia woke up sitting on someone's lap. In a daze she looked around seeing the sun setting down in a horizon, she jerked with a start realising that school was over.

However, when she tried to stand up she was restricted by a pair of hands wrapped around her waist. A chortle sounded behind her.

" school is over, there's no need to hurry." Sam said calmly. He's eyes slightly glowing red.

Looking at his eyes, xenia asked curiously " Are you wearing contacts? Why are your eyes glowing?"

Hearing this question, Sam let out a mysterious smile: "Say, Xenia, do you think zuruka exists?"

Hearing this question Xenia looked at him as if he was stupid and said: " Of course not! They're storybooks creatures. Are you becoming like Senka, don't believe those stupid rumours."

Letting out a smile, Sam leaned forward and whispered into her ear : "I am one."

Turning her head around, Xenia looked at Sam in the eyes and asked seriously : "Have you gone crazy?"

This time letting out a a huge laughter Sam replies jovially: " indeed I may have."

Suddenly, a man dressed in a black suit and sunglasses appeared at the edge of the bookshelf and said: " M'lord, they're here"

Upon his word, Sam's smile dropped and he leaned into her ears and said : " I have to go, be careful on the way home."

Going off, the man in black suit turned around to look at her. Taking off his subglasses, Xenia was surprised by his eyes that were glowing strangely under the shadows of the bookshelves.