Part 16

On the way home, Xenia was thinking about Sam and what he had said. Is it really true that creatures like the Zuruka existed? Is that why Sam and that man's eyes could glow?

" what are you thinking about!" Senka asked curiously,seeing that Xenia had been in a daze for quite a while.

"I'm only thinking about whether  zuruka exists."

"Ho so you finally believe me" Senka exclaimed and proceeded to retrieve a black leather bound  book with the words Encyclopedia of Mythical Creatures written on it. Senka placed her hand on the book and smiled creepily, before opening the book to a page with a large silver Z embossed on it's left.

Turning her eyes to the right page, Senka recited the contents out to Xenia who was listening by her side: "Zuruka, Mythological creatures characterised by their good looks, superhuman capabilities and eyes that glow when they are feeding. These creatures feed on the emotions of humans as a source of their powers. When a Zuruka is in need of constant amount of energy, for example when a war is waged amongst the creatures, a gem is forged...."

Jared who was listening at the side could not take it any longer and interjected :"Stop acting so mysterious Senka. we all know that they don't exist. You should really stop joining your cult friends in their rituals before you go crazy"

Senka was about to hit Jared in annoyance, but he had ran into his room immediately after the car stopped. Having sensed that he had offended her.

As Xenia walked into the house, Senka pulled her close and whispered secretively :" My gut feeling tells me that Sam is a zuruka. So don't get too close to him alright? They are dangerous."

With a slight nod as reply, Senka sported a relieved face as she headed back to her room.