Part 18

In a conference room, a group of men and women were sitting on armchairs discussing amongst themselves, looking very worried and agitated. The words "war", "losing" and "gem" could be heard sprinkled throughout the conversation between the people. Their beautiful and handsome faces marred with worry.

Suddenly, the door opened causing the people in the room to fall into a deafening silence.

Taking a step into the room, Sam walked towards the centre armchair with a calm expression. A huge contrast to the worried look on the faces of the people around him.

Immediately after he had taken his seat, a man who could not conceal his impatience voiced out his opinion on the topic of their discussions earlier.

" M'lord, I think it is high time you forge your own gem like the other lords."

" Are you crazy, the lord has not yet found someone of suitable caliber to rest in his gem yet!" A women reprimanded "but what are we to do? If the lord has not found a suitable soul yet, we will lose this war sooner or later!" worry evidently laced in her voice.

At her words, Sam let out a slight smirk and  leaned back into his chair leisurely and said: "Do not worry, my subjects.  I have found a human that is most suitable."