Part 7

The trip home was stressful to say the least. With Senka showing her disapproval with the constant glares sent Jared way and Xenia keeping her head down and constantly keeping her energy in check to maintain her gloomy girl persona. An awkward silence filled the atmosphere as the car pulled into the entrance of their home.

Jared opened the door enthusiastically and hurriedly beckoned Sam to come with him for a tour of the house. Senka who was worried that Jared would do something hurriedly followed them into the house, leaving Xenia behind.

And Xenia who was exhausted with the constant need to put her persona in place finally let go of her gloomy expression and released a bright smile before running off into the house to look for her father.

In the kitchen, their father was cooking a delicious meal after hearing from Jared that an important friend was coming over. when suddenly the sound of heavy footsteps colliding with the floor brought his attention away from the potatoes that he was peeling.

"Daddy! I missed you!" With a bright smile Xenia leaped into her fathers arms which was spread out in preparation to catch her.

"Oh goodness! Be careful in the kitchen dear." Xenia started jumping around in reply to his comment and began to speak about the day with as much enthusiasm as possible.

Over the days, Xenia had made sure to make time to spend with her father much to his delight and gratefulness that his once shy and gloomy girl is now shining so bright, like the sun. As they were talking about school, soon the topic fell on the new friend that the siblings had brought home.

"Oh, that's Sam. Jared's friend." As Xenia's smile dropped a little replying unenthusiastically, once again reminded of her emotion and despair from her past life.

But unbeknownst to her, Sam was standing on the stairs right above. Looking at her, his eyes glowed red for a second before his lips hooked up to a slight smirk.