Part 6

Be patient, the best things happen unexpectedly

Khushi was searching clothes in her overloaded cupboard,deciding what to wear to the school next day. She had made a mess. If Garima saw it then first she would give a nice long lecture on it and then pull every single thing out and arrange the closet again. In the end, she always took away their old not-in-use favorite clothes, not paying attention to whines of her or Jiji. They would soon see house floors and kitchen slabs swiped with them. Khushi smiled to herself. 

When she pulled out the dupatta of the suit she zeroed on, many other clothes entangled with it fell down and alongwith them dropped the bomb. The half used pack of sanitary pads. Khushi had sudden realization that she had not used it lately. When was her last period, she rummaged her memory. Around Raksha bandhan! Hey Devi Maiyya!! She immediately sat down on the bed, stiff like a rope. There is something wrong with her.  PCOD ?  What happened to her cycle ? Did it happen due to the stress ? She immediately called Payal, who was shocked to know it. She became tensed when she heard it. The possibility which had not even struck Khushi, came to her mind as first possible reason. She didn't want to scare Khushi. She had no idea how she will react. What if it was something else? Stress ? Yeah, Khushi was in stress recently. Hmm, It can be the reason too. Then why remind her of awful past. She told Khushi to take a leave for tomorrow. Khushi could not understand why Payal exploded at her when she suggested that they can go after school hours too. 

It was awkward when receptionist at the clinic, while filing in the details asked her if she was married? Payal answered married and it sent the siren in her mind. Ohk!!! Khushi realized it finally. Payal understood this by her expressions. She gave her expression which clearly said 'thats why I scolded you yesterday night'. Khushi was suddenly more nervous than ever. Her anxiety rose sharply as she waited for her turn. Payal held her hand to relax her though she herself was very turbulent. 

This if true, changes everything. But the best thing was, her baby sister's baby! She laughed out at this thought. Khushi scowled at her, thinking Payal was making fun of her tension. The sight of heavily pregnant woman sitting on nearby sofa didn't help either. Finally their turn came and they went into the doctor's cabin. She was a middle-aged woman, with a friendly smile on her face. After going through her details, she asked about her symptoms and then did a blood test, whose result came back in another 30 minutes. They again went in her cabin with reports. Doctor confirmed her pregnancy and with missed periods and her TSH levels, she approximated it was her third month. Khushi wanted to say, 2 months and 8 days to be exact. But controlled herself.  She was overwhelmed,she had not thought about this at all. There were no words, not even in her mind to describe the feeling. She got the biggest gift of her life. There was a life growing inside her. Happiness pumped in her body reaching every cell, exhilarating her.It flowed from her eyes in form of tears. Khushi ke aansu. It was best news of her life. Payal hugged the life out of her and the way Payal smiled and wept at the same time, anyone could mistake her to be pregnant one. Doctor gave them space to control their emotions.So the girls weren't expecting it. After they were normal again, she came down heavily upon Khushi for taking this 'missed periods thing' lightly. Ideally she should have come when she missed her first period. What is the use of bio-clock then? First three months are very crucial for baby and she didn't even know that she was pregnant! What if she ate something that could harm the baby?

Later, she assured them that it was perfectly normal that her body wasn't showing any external signs like morning sickness, mood swings and all. Every body is different. She may experience it late or be lucky enough to not get them at all. Doctor asked her about if there was any particular medical condition, allergy that she or the father had. They told her whatever little they knew about Arnav's diabetes. Unsatisfied with insufficient information, she asked them to bring medical history of both when she visits next time.  She also asked to get some tests done and bring their reports too. She advised her to get first prenatal checkup done as soon as possible coz she was already late.