Part 21A

Not proofread

Iss Tarah Pehron Tujhe Sochta Rahta Hoon Main
Meri Har Saans Tere Naam Likhi Ho Jaise

Arnav nuzzled some more into her hair, sighing in deep satisfaction. This is what was missing from his life. It is not love-making but cuddling your partner that gives you the real sense of heaven. The tranquility of their synchronous and steady heartbeats  is the most priceless thing in the world. And the presence of this third lub-dub of their baby is the cherry on top, he stroked his daughter again. Arnav tightened his hold across her belly taking care not to wake her up. He was busy dreaming about their world without his mistakes. Sapno ki duniya kitni achi hoti hai. Koi galti nahi hoti. Sab perfect hota hai. Just perfect. It would have been heaven on earth.

Khushi slept peacefully while Arnav was busy in these what ifs. 

Koi Fariyaad Tere Dil Mein Dabi Ho Jaise
Tune Aankhon Se Koyi Baat Kahi Ho Jaise
Jaagte Jaagte Ek Umar Kati Ho Jaise
Jaan Baaki Hai Magar Saans Ruki Ho Jaise

Next morning was not at all awkward. Neither Khushi nor Arnav felt uncomfortable, it was left unacknowledged but Arnav promised himself that one day he ll tease the hell out of her for her shocking yet pleasant boldness last night. Her words...O God!! Life with Khushi was one hell of adventure! Thrilling and unexpected at every turn!!

**********************

After some days

They went for their 8th month checkup. Khushi wanted to consult doctor regarding maternity leaves too. Arnav had shared his plan to take leaves from beginning of 9th month. He wanted Khushi to take leaves from now itself. He hated that his wife was toiling even in 8th month of pregnancy with tons of money at his disposal. But she neither asked him nor paid attention to his blabber. She wanted to go by Doctor's advice and not depend upon someone who had always labelled her as a gold digger. 

Doctor told her that she can continue her job even for full term if it was not stressing her but it  would be better to take leave from next week itself i.e., 2nd week of 8th month. Already she had wasted 4 weeks of paid leaves that she could have easily availed.[In India we have 8 weeks before birth+ 18 weeks after delivery - Paid leaves provision]  

Doctor then did her usual drill. Her usually cool expression turned worried after sometime, scaring them both. She did some more checkups about fundal height and all. What came out was not expected. They were having a large baby but thankfully without any complications in the fetus. It may create some problem in normal delivery. More than normal bleeding. Arnav quickly suggested cesarean,  interrupting doctor in between, as if he told something recently invented! Doctors hate it when they are intruded upon while talking to patients, esp with suggestions. She gave him a tight smile to indicate her displeasure and continued.

So going by present reports, Khushi would most probably have deeper than average vaginal tear in normal delivery, with around 2% chances of postpartum hemorrhage. Doctor gave them both options to choose from -  normal or C-section, listing their pros and cons. In Khushi's case both methods will need blood transfusion. Normal delivery will be obviously painful but good for baby and her health with respect to infections and alsoshe 'll need less number of days of complete bed rest. Baby doesn't seem too big to bruise itself during the process. She can also start breast feeding from first hour itself.