Part 39B

THOSE WHO MISSED TO VOTE ON INDIVIDUAL CHAPTER WHILE READING IN FLOW, PLEASE TAKE OUT 5 MINUTES AND VOTE ON THE PARTS THAT YOU THINK DESERVE IT. IT MEANS A LOT TO WRITER. LOW VOTING CREATES DOUBTS AND MISCOMMUNICATION.

YOU CAN ALWAYS POST YOUR QUESTIONS REGARDING PLOT LINE, POV AND ANY OTHER DOUBT IN Q & A IN TABLE OF CONTENTS or IN THE CONCERNED CHAPTER. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE IN POSTING IN COMMENT SECTION, PLEASE SEND YOUR REMARK IN INBOX DIRECTLY. THANK YOU.

HAVE A GOOD READING. DON'T FORGET TO PLAY THE SONG.

Not proofread

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Everyone was meeting and greeting the returned ones, excitedly unwrapping their gifts when Payash while cuddling Aru and stealing bites from her bowl of ras-malai dropped the bomb. 

"We want to make an announcement. Umm...We are three-weeks pregnant."

Everyone stood up straight, gawking at the comfortably sitting couple with mouths hanging open, waiting them to repeat it. The forever-pink couple, Akashji-Payalji became conscious and stood up as they repeated it shyly and told that doctor confirmed it three days before. They thought, it would be nice to inform whole family together. 

Khushi jumped to hug her sister for not disclosing it till their return. The preggo couple soon got attacked with hugs, shouts and kisses from everyone. Arnav whispered a one-liner about mood-swings in Akash's ear besides congratulating the couple. Scared Akash mumbled his another, "Bhai, aap..." (Bhai you...). Arnav patted him sympathetically, "Good luck Akash, I know you can do it."  Best reaction was of Mami who after blessing the couple, wept all over Akash ke Papa - it was time to go phor a char-dhaam(4 holy places) philgrimage. 

***

Khushi enjoyed at home, helping here and there, spending time with everyone as her college was over. She was successful in submitting her thesis in December first week, after two corrections( much to Arnav's annoyance over her lack of perfection even after his several warnings to sincerely proof-read or her labour of years will get rejected).She got a viva date of February, first week. It was just a viva, she had thoroughly prepared it but still, she alone in whole family of more than 10 members was on Arnav's hit-list. Aloo, who had his very important KG Exams, escaped easily after reciting vowels & consonants;  >,<, = and colors. Yes, just by naming colors!!! His Daddy dearest allowed him to have another chocolate for pointing out - RED, GREEN, BLUE!!! 

Another weird piece from her own tummy, was damn excited about play-school like her brother had been.So, the Daddy's girl was off the radar too with few mindless scribbles and alphabets. He would easily let them off the hook everytime but Khushi just has to switch on the TV, sit down in living room for gossip and he would appear out of nowhere to start his lectures! Only spending time with pregnant sister, who was still going to restaurant, was excused. The businessman thought PhD was a deal - work hard for it and there, degree 'll be on his table! To achieve his target, he would lock her in study for hours and hours while everyone else had fun. Level of his dictatorship can be judged from the fact that she had not watched a single movie in past month!!! And her stupid family was busy gushing over his dedication towards HER career!  She can write an essay on similarities between Arnav Singh Raizada and her cynical professor Mrs. Bhatnagar who thinks PhD scholars must eat, drink, sleep, breathe their research only. 

You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you.

This intense pressure reached heights when even her tiny-miny kids started repeating his dialogues, "Mummy, ek mahine ki to baat hai. Ek baar aap Doctor ban jaoge to hum bhi sabse kahenge. Humari Mummy to Doctor hain!"("Mumma, you have to study just for a month. Once you get degree, we can also tell others that our Mummy is Doctor"). Over-matured minions of Daddy didn't know the difference between Doctorate and Doctor.