Part 14

Arnav is so angry at Payal's question. He can never ever think of doing something like this to anyone. It is a point of no return. The most brutal crime in this world. But its not her fault. His past actions are the reason. It was her fear for her sister, he knows. He knew this protective streak one has for siblings. He has 24*7 in it, it was his firsthand experience. Infact he had even tried to justify this forced marriage using the same rationale. Marrying Khushi to protect his Di's marriage. How illogical it was! 

He pulled himself out of these thoughts and decided to focus on tomorrow's program.So what if Khushi was not fasting, he should. But sugar levels? He couldn't afford to fall ill when he had two people to take care of. He didnt even believe in this then why did he feel like doing it. For Khushi, answer came instantly from his subconscious. 

Khushi would have fasted if they had remarried. She believed in these rituals. Forgetting  every bad thing he had done to her in the last one year, she would have fasted for his long life, for their togetherness. And he would have remained ungrateful, rubbishing it just bcoz  he didnt believe in it. Disregarding her love too. Maybe he would have done it in his concern for her health but he would have not allowed her to fast easily, he was damn sure, creating every damn hurdle. It would have hurt her.

But her DM has ensured that he can no longer hurt her. She has closed the gates of her heart. Khushi par uski kisi baat ka, kisi minnat ka, kisi maafi ka ab asar hi nahi ho raha. She had turned into a stone.(Nothing was affecting Khushi. His talks,pleads,sorry everything was useless)

He would have never wanted her to fast and the same has happened now. She wont ever fast for him. Why should she give pain to herself for a worthless man like him. Arnav could not understand this was bothering him. Why was he giving importance to such a useless thing. How can a person's life increase with a fast. He still couldnt understand. Maybe it was again a matter of beliefs.  But he realised one thing.  This karwachauth thing was one of many ways through which people expressed their love towards their life partner. If he didnt fast it was going to be okay and if he fasted then also its going to change nothing. But he wanted to do it for Khushi. He felt like doing it, from inside. Maybe in guilt of choking her or in love, he didnt know. But he ll take care of all these fasts just like Khushi would have, for love. For her long life. She deserves to live. She deserves to live happily and peacefully, for the pure soul that she was. It was him who should die. No he ll not die before repenting his sins. He wiped the tear that fell from his eyes.

He talked to his doctor and planned accordingly. He had  just sighed in relief when another issue popped up. Now how to keep it secret? What about sargi ? Also he needs to buy a gift for Khushi which he was sure, she ll throw back on his damn face! 

Damn you good for nothing man! Arnav you are arghhh!!! He cursed himself.

********************************

Arnav got up at four and had his hidden sargi. He then came out of his room to find them all on dining table. He was in awe of Akash-Payal's relationship. He used to cringe at this same sickeningly sweet display of affection earlier. But these two had handled their relationship much more maturely than he had expected. Thank God Akash had not followed his footsteps here.The things that you dont value, dont value you.He went to sit by the table pretending to have woken up because of the noise they made.He picked on some more food. More he stored in his belly, easy it will be for the day to pass. He was nervous if he ll be able to keep it till the end. Khushi ki DM madad!!

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

At this 4 am breakfast table, Arnav slyly suggested that they could go and celebrate it at GH. Function at RM may cause unnecessary gossip among guests. Moreover both families can enjoy together. Payal was very happy with this suggestion. Nani liked this idea but her reaction was still cold towards him.It was because of him and his 'gold digger' comments that Khushi didnt accept the necklace she had selected for her.