Part 19

Again not proof read.

It was 14th of February 2013. Her so called Marriage Anniversary. Khushi was sitting at her window in the evening thinking about the same date last year. How different things would have been if only she had told Raizadas about Shyam. If only Arnav had asked her side just once. If only she had known Shyam's truth before getting engaged to him. All what ifs crossed her mind.

Arnav had spent whole day in office to avoid Khushi. He just couldn't face her. People celebrated this day as the day of love, The Valentine's Day. Expressed their heartfelt feelings to their Love. Couples normally would have sweet memories attached to this day. But he had made sure they both reminisce it for different reason altogether. Marriage Anniversaries esp. first ones are to celebrate one year of togetherness but he made sure both date and year remains painful for both of them. Who can ever forget such brutalities ever. It was mental strength of Guptas that they still allowed him in.

He parked his car and rested his head on steering. He knew he was all alone today. Guptas had gone for a wedding and It was good decision as wedding festivities would help Khushi to divert her mind. He had obviously refused to come. He could do this for her. She needed atleast this day away from him. His presence will only mock her pain more. Their life had turned into a paradox. So near physically but couldn't be farther emotionally.

Kabhi hua yeh bhi
Khali Rahon pe bhi
Tu tha mere saath

Kabhi tujhe milke lauta
mera dil yeh khali khali haath
Yeh bhi hua kabhi
Jaise hua Aabhi
Tujhko sabhi mein paa lia

Tera mujhe kar jaati hai dooriyan
Satati hain dooriyan
Tarsati hain dooriyan
Fanah ho sabhi dooriyan

He was welcome to wallow in his guilt in eerie silence and darkness, he sighed. Maybe he should have gone to RM. It would have felt less depressing. He wished he could go back in time and change this day. But the realization that he wasn't God came late. A little too late. His pride left him only after making sure that it had destructed his life.

He pulled out key from his pocket but to his surprise the door was unlocked and he pushed open the door. He came to their room to find her sitting by the window, deep in thoughts.She had not even switched on the lights. It was the light from living room that had helped him locate her. He didnt know how to face her and she had not even registered his presence. He reached near her to find that she was weeping silently. Her tears burned him deep. His overwhelming guilt was now choking him. He. for all his grit and resolve, couldn't muster courage to go hug her and wipe her tears, ask her to not cry that he will set everything right. None of them were so delusional. He cannot make her forget. He has to helplessly watch the sight he hated the most. He was foolish to think that they didn't affect him for he could feel the pain of acid burns on his heart. His punishment was to helplessly stand here and watch tears roll down from her eyes one after another and create blisters on his soul. Just the way his words and actions must have acted upon hers. He couldn't help tear up himself. This was agony they will have to face again and again. They were the cursed ones to suffer all their life. This day will come again and again, every single year and remind Khushi of his deeds just like another wicked day -  Remarriage day. That's if she forgot them at all. He who thinks himself as all mighty and powerful cant do anything about it. He cannot erase dates from calendar no matter how deeply, desperately he wished he could. Arnav wanted to her to shake her outof this painful stupor but what would he say. He had no justification, no sane reason for his actions. Khushi looked so sad that he didn't want to leave her alone too. Arnav looked at his watch to find it was time for dinner and traced his steps back.