Part 16

Arnav left for RM to pack his stuff and bring it to Laxminagar. He informed everyone about Guptas allowing him to live there. Payal was surprised at this and immediately went to call her mother. What the hell happened there? How can Khushi allow this man in their house? It had been just 5-6 days. Her sister was foolish, she needs to talk to her.

Others were amused at this. Guptas were really kind and soft hearted people. He hadnt inform them about fainting and all as he didnt want his family to worry. Nani warned him to behave or she ll have to take some strict decisions as the head of the house. He should start acting his age and be more responsible as father-to-be. Arnav tries to tell her that he has changed and would never harm Khushi but she went away to her room without listening to him. She was still angry with him. She hoped for Khushi's suffering to end anyhow. Happier her pregnancy passed, better it ll be for Khushi and her great grandchild.

Payal called Khushi,

"Jiji. Humne kuch nahi kiya. Amma ne unhe aane dia to hum kya karte?............. Buaji? Buaji ka to bas pucho hi mat! Kahan to maarne ko tayaar thi aur ab ye behosh kya huye...khana khila rahin thi................. Arrey tum chinta mat karo hum sab sambhal lenge................ Haan haan ajao.Khud dekh lo......................Haan baby bhi badiya hai Mausiji!!!............Chalo thik hai. Bye." Khushi ended her converstaion with Payal and found Garima behind her. Ignoring her, she was going towards her room.("Jiji. I haven't done anything. when Amma allowed him to stay. what could I do? Dont ask about Buaji. She melted like butter when he had fainting spell. You dont worry. I ll handle things. Yeah you come and keep a watch. Baby is fine Aunt. Alright Bye"  )

"Khushi. Naraaz ho humse?"Garima stopped her.("You are angry with me?")

"Haan. Naraaz hain. Amma, Aapne kyun rukne diya unhe yahan? Kyun unka saath de rahe ho aap? Hum unki shakal bhi nahi dekhna chahte aur aap...? Amma, kahin aapko ye to nahi lagta ki hum akele nahi pal payenge apne bache ko? Isliye kar rahe ho ye sab?" ("Yes. I am angry with you. Why did you allow him to stay here? I dont even want to look at him and you are supporting him? Do you think I wont be able to raise my child on my own?")

"Khushi aisi baat nahi hai."("Its not that")

"Fir?"("Then?")

"Khushi vo ja hi nahi raha tha, aur bimaar padta to kaafi kharab halat ho jaati. Hum kya karte?"("Khushi he wasnt leaving and would have fallen gravely ill. What could have I done?")

She then explained to her daughter that she wont impose her opinion regarding Arnav's repentance upon her nor she disclosed it. She felt Khushi knows better how to handle that part.It was her call. But were they depriving the child of its rights in not allowing Arnav in his/her life when he really wants to? She assured Khushi that she had full confidence that Khushi can nurture her baby alone like many single parents out there.Baby will grow beautifully in their house. Her family will support her completely but shouldnt baby have both parents' love if he/she CAN have it? 

Khushi couldnt concur with Garima, she didnt know what to say. But she needed to decide soon as her checkup was near. 

***********************

Anjali offered to help Arnav pack his things to take them to Gupta house. She also wanted to give him some sisterly advice which can be helpful in dealing sensitively with  pregnant Khushi, about hormonal changes and immense patience he will need especially when he himself was a landmine. She didnt know that both Arnav and Khushi have already bought hundreds of books on pregnancy and had fair idea what it entails. While packing his bags she found Khushi's packages in his cupboard.(one that Khushi had asked Payal to keep in his almirah about a month ago)