Part 27

THOSE WHO MISSED TO VOTE ON INDIVIDUAL CHAPTER WHILE READING IN FLOW, PLEASE TAKE OUT 5 MINUTES AND VOTE ON THE PARTS THAT YOU THINK DESERVE IT. THANK YOU.

All proofreading after completion of story.

Diwali came ten days after karwachauth. All the preparations were done for the pooja and celebrations.

Aarav looked so cute in his white kurta that he was twining with his Daddy dearest. Obviously both dresses were from AR collection and Arnav's choice. They proudly flaunted their dashing looks on Khushi's face while she was doing buttons for Aarav with his father waiting in line. Aarav ran out to eat ladoos that his Dadi was making for him. Khushi didnt do it for Arnav and started doing other works. Arnav waited for five more minutes and his patience was up. She was blow hot blow cold, all according to her whims and fancies.This was so not done.[Yeah, your track record is not the reason at all]

Khushi was picking up Aarav's strewn clothes and others things from bed when Arnav came and stood before her, clearly obstructing her work. She gave him a questioning look, he indicated towards his open buttons, haughtily flaunting his vast open chest on her face. There were 0.1% chances of Khushi doing it for him, had he not boasted earlier about 'how Aarav has got all his good looks from his father'. Now by shoving his so called 'granite' torso on her face accompanied with an as*h*le smirk on that face, he has reduced the probability to 0.0001%. Arnav didnt move and stood there like a bull. 

Khushi sighed and asked him for his mobile phone.  Arnav got confused but passed it to her, she asked him to unlock it and he as usual recited password that was already known to her. The same man who was always warning her to not touch his things during their contract marriage.

Khushi gave it to back after 20 seconds with "How to do kurta buttons DIY" video on youtube. She pushed a distracted Arnav aside and went to change her clothes. "Khushi you need to grow up dammit!!", she could hear him as she closed the bathroom door. 

**************

They were sitting in hall after pooja ceremony, gifts exchange and devouring lip-smacking food to their heart's content discussing random things. Arnav was helping Aarav in drawing a rangoli. They were actually spoiling ladies' hardwork alongwith their dresses. Khushi had just cleaned Aarav, not allowing him to roll over it.She had to give her mobile phone to distract him from going back to rangoli. Everyone looked on as he managed to dial NK to know his whereabouts. Less than a minute later, the front door opened and NK came in making Aarav so happy. He had promised him to be there for Diwali.

"Chachu you are late!", Aarav ran towards him still speaking on phone.

"Sorry Cheetos! But I have a Dilwali surprise for you", NK replied from phone holding his ear in sorry gesture.

"Really?", Aarav looked up curious and excited for surprise. Phone forgotten, now lying on floor.

"Yes", NK picked him up to give him a bounce in air. Arnav's heart stopped as always before it settled seeing him back in NK's arms and giggles escaping Aarav's mouth. Damn you NK!   

"Surprise!!!!" shouted NK and Lavanya who was hiding behind him. "Happy Dilwali Everyone", Lavanya greeted them with a beautiful smile. She then took blessing from elders Raizadas and Guptas who were so happy to see her after such a long time. Anjali gave her a tight hug, followed by Payal and Akash. She hugged Arnav next,"I missed you ASR" and gave a very severe look to Khushi who was standing near them. Khushi flinched and moved back. Lavanya left Arnav and jumped on Khushi swiftly like a predator, tugging her close, punching her on left arm. 

"Do you know me Khushi Kumari Gupta? Do you remember someone named Lavanya? Or you have even forgotten my name?", she asked in anger. She didnt wait for answer from a blank Khushi and proceeded to pinch her cheek. Khushi let out a hiss, "Ahh! Lavanyaji!!" almost admonishing her.