Chapter 7- Deep Roads Expedition (Part 2)

*Last chapter it mentioned the Thaig right away, that's because (Y/n) went through one of the side passages and she's the reason sandal went into them as well. They don't find him where they should, instead (Y/n) and Sandal are at the Thaig already, so it's just one big Timeskip so it's brought to you by Oghren! Onward to the story! -Eren*

(Y/n)'s POV)
I stood there, Sandal was just behind me, and we looked about the Thaig together. Not even a few minutes after, Hawke caught up and Bodahn thanked me for taking care of Sandal. I smiled in return, "Always happy to help! He's such a strange yet sweet young man." I approached Hawke, lips pulled down in a frown as I began to speak to her. "I am sorry, I should have told you where I was going, and I didn't. It was foolish of me..." I looked towards Bartrand wearily, "Something is wrong with this thaig, something is going to happen here and I know it. We must tread carefully, my demons say I may lose my connection to them, which is really bad, I could die from corruption but at a faster rate than most....." I looked to Aveline, "Just like Ser Wesley......."

Her eyes grew, "How did you-"

"I was there, standing behind Flemeth, my Aunt. She taught me to go undetected by other people, so I used it. I'm sorry for your loss as well... He seemed like a great man."

"He was..." Aveline uttered softly in response, turning her head away as Bethany got closer.

"Wait, we're related to the "Witch of The Wilds?" Bethany questioned, but placed a hand on her nose. Was she having a headache? She caught my gaze and nodded slowly back at me. My eyes widened, I knew something was going to go wrong. We're going to lose someone down here if we aren't careful. My chest began to tighten as I approached her. I acted as if nothing happened, only cause she shook her head quickly. We walked down and through to doors into a room with an idol of pure, raw, Lyrium. I looked at the door, I watched his face, I stood here when he closed the door on us, I knew it! I knew coming down here would turn into a mistake. We all looked towards the only movable door and opens it quickly, I ran up ahead to check he coast, nothing. Where are the shades? Where are the golems? The Profanes? Where is everything? As if on cue, when Hawke approached, everything showed up and attacked. We made short work of them but still, where did they come from?

"(Y/n)?" Hawke spoke up, "Here, use this sword, it is stronger than the one you had."

"I- Thank you Hawke," I looked to Bethany, and although she didn't look too hot I could see the exhaustion taking form in her figure. I walked next to her and used my magic, to the best of my ability without being noticed, to help keep whatever was afflicting her at bay. Zephyr? Nina? Are you there? I got no answer from them and I knew deep down that something was wrong. Zephyr?! Nina?! I asked, when we had gotten past the giant rock wraith. No response, I was feeling just as bad as Bethany, and in shorter time then her too. My vision was blurred and my eyes hurt to close, but I focused my magic on Bethany, even if it directly caused my death to occur before hers.

*This is the end of the Deep Roads Expedition part, but in the next chapter, they are still in the Deep Roads for the sibling loss moment. I know what happens without Anders for Carver, but I'm not sure about Bethany. I think it's mostly the same though right? Please tell me in the comments so I can write the next chapter! -Eren* 2024 Author response: Yes, Yes it is the exact same. And the loss hits harder.