Chapter 21- How's the Qunari Threat?

When we finally pulled apart Hawke approached and pulled me carefully into a hug while Fenris backs away to give us space. "I told you!" Varric called out, unable to hide the grin that pulled on his lips.

"Always the optimist." Fenris mumbled, shaking his head as he leaned in and placed a kiss lovingly to my lips as he hugs me to his chest once more.

"Let's bring her upstairs," Varric began. "Let her rest in a comfortable chair. It must have been hell just climbing those stairs."

I nodded, sighing as I lowered my gaze to the ground. "The worst." Fenris wrapped an arm around my waist, hand resting on my uninjured side while he helped guide me up the stairs and into the room. Varric pulling over his own lavish chair, that Fenris lowered me into carefully.

"We'll leave you two alone for now." Varric spoke, turning to look at him as he looked at Hawke, "We have a few errands to run anyway."

"That we do." Hawke answered, cupping her hands together with a smile. They both turned and left us alone as they even went as far as to close the door. Fenris got on his knees in front of the chair and laid the side of his head on my thigh as he sighed softly.

I looked down at him and gently began to run my left hand through his silky white hair. "Fenris? Honey don't, I am covered in dried blood..." I saw as he shifted his head to look innocently up at me, watching my face in silence. "Fenris?" I look down into his eyes, seeing they hold something within their emerald gaze. It was a look of overwhelming love and care, yet mixing around in those deepwood eyes I could see the hint of lust. And I could tell he was enjoying being on his knees in front of me, staring longingly into my eyes.

"Yes?" He asked, looking lovingly into my (e/c) orbs.

I looked away, but he used his hand to guide my face to his. My face began to slightly heat up and he started inching his way up until he was basically pinning me down in the chair, swallowing thickly as I looked up and into those deep eyes. "You're enjoying this way too much, aren't you?"

"Always." His lips pulled up slightly and into a smirk, leaning down and pressing his lips against mine as a hum of approval left my lips. Feeling the warmth from his body transferring over to me as I sighed happily. As he slowly pulled away I could feel the light breeze in the air as my face began to cool down. "How are you feeling now?"

"Just a little sore, but I think that I should be alright. I will likely need assistance to clean and redress the wound once or even twice a day, if you would be willing."

"Anything for my beloved." My heart fluttered hearing his words, smiling widely from ear to ear as I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck. Pulling him down into another passionate kiss, more longing and desperate than the last ones had been.

"Of for the love of... Just ask to sleep with her already!" Isabela said, leaning in the doorway as Fenris ripped himself away from me. Which left me confused and embarassed as my face turned a medium pink in tone.

"Oh sweet Maker! Isabela!" I scolded, horrified.

"That will happen in time. When the time for it comes. I will not force her to if she does not want it. I will not pressure that. And we certainly won't be telling you when we finally do 'sleep together'." He mocked as he glared at her, while I watched him with attention and awe. "I will wait until she is ready as I know she would do the same for me."

"Fine!" She whined with a grumpy frown as she turned her body to face me. "Hey, Cupcake?"

"Yes, Rivaini?" I ask as my blush slowly faded to nothingness.

"How's things with the Qunari? I saw you enter the Compound late last night..."

"I'd just gotten back into Kirkwall then. I was so exhausted I didn't know what was going on around me. I'm still so tired and I feel like my body may even eventually give out on me. They were closer than even Gamlens house so I stayed there. But I saw it this morning, the threat of them gets worse by the minute. But I have what can make them lose, but I don't remember where I left it."

"Seriously?" Isabela asked and I turned to look at her.

"They won't win this war if they start it. That's not meant to be. I know that much to be true."