Chapter 8- Bethany's Death and A New Life?

*I literally cried when Carver died, and now as of 2 am this morning with Bethany's Death. Or as in today, April 2, 2019. On with the story! (Signed with small letters and hidden slightly under a rock, marked with the symbols referring to; -Eren)*

(Bethany's POV)

I was walking, (Y/n), was using her magic to help me, but it started to look like I was getting way better and she was absorbing this. Maker I hoped not! I've only known her for a little while now, and I am already so attached to her, and she is the same with Hawke and I. Aveline is also protective of us, I guess since what happened with Wesley she's been more protective of us because she doesn't want to lose anyone else close to her. (Y/n) was looking towards Hawke, we had gotten to the spot where, Hawke, Aveline, Varric and I had killed the dragon. She looked so tired, and her magic was fading, but at a slower pace. Her eyes were a grey color of the original (E/c) that they carried.

I nudged her shoulder lightly, "We'll be alright, don't worry," I spoke with my soothing voice. She didn't seem to hear it however, and kept staring at Hawke. I nudged her shoulder a little harder, "(Y/n)? Are you alright?" She nodded slow after a moment. I sighed in relief.

My head started to hurt and I felt dizzy, "Hey sis? Can we take a break I don't feel so well......" (Y/n) nodded solemnly, and back-planted onto the stone floor.

"Yeah, we'll make camp if your feeling sick...." My sister replied.

"No, I-" I fell to the ground, (Y/n) shooting up, her face looked pale, but she wasn't being plagued by corruption. Her eyes were wide.

"No no no no no! Not now! We can't lose you now! There's a group of Grey Wardens down here, or they should be! Stay with me Bethany! I can't lose you too!" She darted towards me, and kneeled with my head planted onto her shoulder, "If I lose you I don't know what I will do. We've only just gotten to know the other, Maker let her stay.... Please," (Y/n) reasoned with someone whom wasn't even here.

"Oh, Maker, no," Aveline spoke up.

"Its the Blight, isn't it? I'll die just like that Templar, Wesley, won't I?" I asked, looking to (Y/n) with a frown, "It's getting worse...."

"Hang in there Bethany, don't go! If you die, I won't be able to think properly and will run into signposts," (Y/n) said, with a slight laugh.

I smiled, "You mean more than you already do?" She smiled and nodded slow. Her smile faded, along with almost every single hint of life in her eyes. She looked like those people, the ones that became monsters and started to devour other people to make them like them corrupted.

She blinked a moment, then two, then none, then three, then sighed. She was already corrupted, but was able to fend it off? This means she's going to die and turn before I do. I can't let her go, "If I try to stay alive for the Grey War-" She growled lowly under her breath to cut me off.

"I will not let you down, I made him a promise. One that I knew I couldn't keep. Bethany's corrupted, and for me it is worse. I am almost barely able to keep myself from becoming something much like a monster. Hawke, I must ask of you something painful. I am sorry, but you will have to kill us. I don't want to risk getting to the surface and the demons not be able to help but if both of us get up there then I-I can have Zephyr and Nina save her life in replace of mine." (Y/n) said, a couple of tears fell as she said this. "I would gladly give up my life for Bethany to have another chance."

"Sister, it's getting worse, I won't make it to the surface. Please you have to stop this," I asked.

"How can I kill my own sister?" Hawke asked me slowly.

"Because I am asking you too," I looked down, "You'll be alone now, I will be with Carver and Father. But you'll be alone, take care of mother sister," I said with a few tears falling from my eyes, "Goodbye sister, goodbye cousin."