Birthday

It was my birthday today and I was very excited! I just wanted to jump up and down and yell "Happy Birthday to me!" but of course I didn't. I was turning 11 today, which means I could finally get my letter that I have been waiting for, for my whole life. I was reading a book "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them" in my private library. I am obsessed with creatures, doesn't matter if they are Dragons or Nifflers, I find them very interesting. I got lost in my book, not hearing my mum Lena call my name. I was pulled out of my "Book" universe when my mom shook me.

"Huh?" I question, blinking my eyes and staring at my mum. I have noticed how much mum and I look alike. The only thing that differs from us is my eyes. I got my e/c eyes from my dad, full of Bravery and Ambition. "Honey.." She almost whispers. I smile. "Yes mum? What do you need? I was reading-" Mum interrupts "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them. Yes I know n/n (Nickname). You read it 1,000 times already." She laughs and I giggle.

She sighs, trying to catch her breath from laughing so hard. "Honey, I wanted to ask you something." I gave her a questionable look. "Yes mum? Shoot." As muggles would say. Mum sighed before asking. "What do you want to do for you're birthday? I don't want you celebrating you're birthday in the library!" I sigh. I wanted to be here for my birthday, this is where I belong. I don't have many friends so I can't hang out with anybody. "I um..I want something small..So maybe we can go get some butter beer at The Three Broomsticks?" She smiles and I smile back, putting down the book in front of me. Mum hugs me softly and whispers "Happy Birthday Sweet Heart" I smile brightly in return, my eyes glistening. I hear the door open, shooting my head towards the direction. My father walking in, with his Gryffindor Quidditch outfit still on. He was covered in sweat, probably working his butt off at practice for the game next Tuesday. He smiles, walking over and giving me and Mum a big bear hug, covering us in sweat.

"Oh gross!" Me and Mum yell and Dad just laughs. "Calm down girls, Its only a bit of sweat." His laugh deep and warm. I smile laughing with my Dad as she glares at Father. "Ian! Stop laughing, this isn't a funny matter!" She glares at Dad then laughs herself. She smiles at me, her voice soft again. "Honey go take a shower, then change into something appropriate, OK?" I nod in return, turning around and heading to my bathroom.

-After Shower-

I get dress after taking a nice warm shower. For my 11th birthday, I wear something cozy. A nice f/c sweater, Black pants, f/c boots, my f/c socks and my scrunchy. I brushed my hair out and into a bun. Brushing my teeth, tasting the mint in my mouth. I smile, looking in the mirror, wiping the steam away.

(Her outfit for her 11th birthday)

I was ready for my 11th birthday! I open the door, watching the sun peek through my window

I was ready for my 11th birthday! I open the door, watching the sun peek through my window. My walls were a light blue(Or any color), with clouds decorating it. My bed had unicorn pillows and white blankets. I smile, putting on pink/ light pink(Any color) lip gloss. I open the door, heading through the Manor, towards my parents. I smile at them when they greeted the Birthday Girl. "Happy Birthday n/n" My Dad smiled. I grinned holding both my mum's and Dad's hand, heading towards Hogsmeade.

-A nice walk with my parents later-

We enter Hogsmeade, feeling the warmth of the air. Smelling the Aroma of Butter beer. We all sit down at a table. A waiter comes to our table, asking what we wanted on this fine evening. My Dad answers straight away, "We will take 3 Butter Beers please." My dad smiled, making the waiter smile back and turn towards the kitchen. I felt strange..Like someone was staring at me and I don't know why. I turn around quickly, finding out someone was staring at me. It was this kid with short brown hair and calm brown eyes. He looked down at his butter beer when he found out I was glaring at him. He was wearing a robe, with a lion on the front. He must of been in Gryffindor! I turned around slowly, looking back at my parents sipping butter beer. I start drinking mine slowly, enjoying the nice warm touch to my lips. I tasted the warm soothing butter and caramel on my throat. When we finished, my Dad payed and we walked out into the cold weather, the frost biting my cheeks. I turn around once more just to make sure. Then I saw him...Staring at me again..

-After the walk-

We head back into the Iris manner. Seeing presents for me everywhere in the living room. I jump up, excited to see what I get. "Go on Honey, have fun" My Mum says, making Dad smile. I walk over to our fire that was lit right when we got in. I sat down on the floor picking up a present that caught my eye. My parents sitting down on the brown leather(Or any) couch in front of me. I read the card that was on the present. "Y/N, Happy Birthday! I hope 11 treats you well! -Grandma" I smile, unwrapping the gift carefully. I pick up a little key chain that had a Niffler attached to it. I gasped. "Wow! I believe it's a muggle thing but how do they know what a Niffler looks like? Whatever I don't care! I love it" I smile, Gleaming with joy.

3 presents later

I grab a long gift, reading the card aloud. "Dear Miss. Iris" I was confused on why he was very polite. I read again "I heard it was you're birthday so enjoy." I read who it was from. "From Lucius Malfoy" I was confused on who that was. Lucius Malfoy? Never heard of him. I grabbed the neatly wrapped present with a huge bow. I unwrap it, finding a broom in it. My parents and I gasp. A Nimbus 2000?! Why would he buy me this, I was very confused..

-All the presents were unwrapped-

I sigh, tired of unwrapping so many gifts. As I was about to tell my parents good night and head to bed, My father handed me a letter. "One more gift" They both smiled. My mouth dropped, my feet freezing to the floor, unable to move. I grab the letter, finding the red stamped wax on it. I saw the logo of Hogwarts, opening it immediately. I read aloud "HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY-" I pause, taking a breath and reading again. "

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)
Dear Ms. Iris,We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.Term begins on September 1st . We await your owl by no later than the 31st of July .Yours sincerely, Minerva Mcgonaglle
I scream in happiness! I have waited forever and now it is finally here! I hug my parents, kissing them both on the cheeks. "I love you Mum and Dad, Good night!" I said skipping away, hearing faint "Good night" in the background. I close my bedroom door, falling onto my bed. I scream into my pillow. I can't believe that I got the letter! I got the Hogwarts letter! I get up, change into my blue pajamas and tuck into bed. I fall asleep instantly. Cuddling into my unicorn pillow...