Apology accepted?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My tongue licked my chapped lips quickly, watching the train start up, whistling to the castle. The stone castle stood tall, it's power almost shaking the earth. Trees stood around, seeming like it bowed down to the all ruler Hogwarts. Tears streamed down my face, dripping down my chin and onto my uniform.

Why do I have to leave? I seemed to grow on the castle, calling it home. I don't want to leave, ever. It was more home than home was. Although, the food didn't beat my mom's food. The hugs didn't beat my mom's hugs. The smiles of Dumbledore didn't beat the smile of my mom's.

The books didn't beat my all time favorite. Even though the library had it, it just wasn't the same. The smell of old leather radiated off of this book. The crippled pages that were turned a million times by my small fingers.

Fantastic beasts and where to find them.

It's home was in my private library, excitedly waiting for my arrival. I remember reading it, canceling out the world around me. Canceling out my mother's voice, questioning on what I would do on my birthday. Her laugh echoed the library walls.

Then my dad came in.

Dripping with sweat, hugging both of us with glee.

Fake glee I suppose.

I look down, twisting my hands in all sorts of movements. Ruffling up my skirt, and wiping my moist cheeks. My friends were gone, gathering up treats for the ride home. So I had time to think, and thinking was one of the worst things I could do.

I sniff, looking back out the window. What is taking them so long, I don't want to be alone with my thoughts. And just as I thought it would get lonelier, the door opened. I didn't turn my head, my cheeks reddening by the image of them seeing tears in my eyes.

" Look at me."

It wasn't harsh, like Draco's. Nor was it childish like Ron's or Harry's, and it wasn't rushed and stuck up like Hermione's. It was familiar, but I hadn't heard this voice in what felt like eternity. It would warm my heart, and squeeze it like a lemon.

I sigh, raising my eyes to the person who demanded. His brown eyes meeting mine, and his hair as spiky as I last saw it. Ruffled up and messed with, like the last time.

With Jessica.

I shake my head, looking back out the window. Kisses on his lips by a filthy Gryffindor who knew better, but wouldn't act right. The blush set on his face, and the small smile on his lips.

" I think you are in the wrong compartment." My voice cracks, the image of smiling with Oliver again shattered like glass. We are never going to fix this.

" I think not. I came looking for you."

I scoff, focusing my eyes on the trees and the clouds outside. Why would he come looking for me?

" Why? Wouldn't you want to see baby girl Jessica instead. Give her kisses on her lips, and to put your hands on her hips."

Now, my head was turned, challenging his eyes with mine. But he wouldn't budge, his soft glare telling me to quit acting like a fool. Maybe I am the fool, but I'm not dumb. I'm not dumb enough to come into a compartment and talk with someone who doesn't want to talk to him.

" Why are you here Oliver."

He quickly looked at my lips, licking his chapped ones. That caught my attention, but I told myself not to look.

You are supposed to hate him right now. 

" Because.." His voice cracks, and he sighs quietly.