It's beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 14th

-------------

It was another night, it's darkness dragging forth. The sky was sprinkled with stars, my eyes gleaming upon them. The grass brushing against my ankles, and my hair flowing against the warm July breeze. The trees shook with the wind tickling their leaves, and the blues and purples crashed against the black in the sky.

My hair grew longer over the summer, and I started to mature. In ways only a girl would understand. Tonight, I needed a fresh breath of air. So I went outside to enjoy Mother Nature's creations.

I haven't forgotten.

No, I haven't forgotten that My Dad is a Death Eater. I still flinch when he hugs me, I'm still afraid of the unknown, and I still would rather read about mystical creatures than talk to him. I mean, who wouldn't?

My Mum hasn't taken any hints and knows nothing of this sort. I would rather keep it this way. If my Mum ever found out that my Dad was a Death Eater, she would be heartbroken. And I don't want that. No one wants that.

I breathe in through my nose, smelling all types of flowers like daises and lavenders. Crickets chirped in the woods surrounding the house, and fireflies gleamed in the darkness. See, I know what my backyard looks like. I know what I am expecting here in the garden. I don't know what to expect from dangerous places like alley ways. Dark scary alley ways. 

I'm a scaredy cat.

But I don't want to be hurt. No one does and that makes sense. I'm just logical, because who in the right mind would go in a dark alley way? Let's hope not a girl like me.

" Honey! Get your tush back inside, it's cold out here!" My mother laughs, slipping on her shoes.

" But mother? Why are you coming outside when you think it's cold?"

" Well I just wanted to spend time with my gorgeous Daughter. I can't do that now?" She smiles, walking down the concrete steps into the green grass.

" Of course you can" I laugh, smiling back at her.

She stopped right next to me, glancing up at the sky. A smile stretched on her face.

" It's beautiful isn't it? The way the purples and blues mix into the black like butter. The wonders of nature."

" It's amazing beautiful."

We stopped talking, the crickets kept chirping and a few toads sung along with them. The leaves on the oak and maple trees swished in the background, making my mother sigh happily.

" Mum.. Have you ever heard of a mystical animal called "The Baskilisk"? I know it's out of the blue, but I have been reading about it over the past month."

She quickly looks at me, surprised by my sudden question. Her eyelashes fluttered in thought, while she watched her surroundings. 

" I have, although I have never seen one. I would rather never see one or I would be dead. But it is strictly forbidden to practice the birthing of a Baskilisk. The Ministry will say otherwise, but like I said it's forbidden. It does deal with evil magic, something I don't want you or your father to get caught up with."

My breathe catches in my throat, and I look down.

Well it's too late for my father.

" Do you hear me? Don't do anything stupid and get into that stuff." 

" I'm not Mother. I'm just curious, and maybe it'll come in handy someday. Maybe I will have to fight a Baskilisk one day to save a young soul. You never know."

By then, my eyes are searching my mothers for any more words.

" Maybe. But don't create that disaster. Or you will be the one who has to be saved." She sighs again.

" Okay Mum." I smile, watching her eyes flutter back onto the colored canvas called the sky.

" Do you like Hogwarts?"

...

" I do. I've met many great people there, and have learned so much already. I play on the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and their food is amazing. Although I do miss you so much. Your food and your hugs."

She laughs wrapping her arms around my body in a hug. I rest my head on her chest, and close my eyes.

" I missed you so much, honey. When you were gone, I missed seeing you in the library reading that book. I missed talking to you about what I should make for dinner. Dad just seems like a stone wall that I'm talking too. Not giving a lot of commentary."

I sigh, looking down at my mud covered laces that I dirtied coming out here. I didn't know Dad was that mean to my Mom. When I'm there, they are perfectly happy. But I guess it's all an act.

It has always been an act with my Dad.

" I'm sorry Mum."

She just laughs, echos rumbling in her chest.

" No need to be sorry, it's not that bad. He is quiet great to be around, my lovely husband. He's just busy most of the time, that's all."

He's too busy helping Voldemort.

" How about we go inside and make some hot cocoa, yea?"

...

" Yea."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What

Is

Up

My

Fellow

Readers!

:P

Sorry

For

The

Short

Chapter~