Dad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There, right in front of me, stood the house that I grew up in. The private library, with the books that I have read over and over. The room that contained the blue walls, and unicorn pillows. The large room with leather couches, where I got my letter to Hogwarts.

All here.

Nothing changed, although it's been only a year.

" Want to head inside, my love?" Mom whispers, smiling down at my small figure.

I just smile at her, reassuring that everything is okay and I'm ready. Although it's not and I don't want to head inside. I want to go back to Hogwarts, to cuddle up with Oliver. To read with Hermione, and cast spells with Harry. Or to eat pumpkin pastries with Ron.

I want to go back now.

But I didn't stutter, and I just carried my feet. Like they were stones. I kept my smile on my face, and pretended like everything was fine. The house was alight, like it was alive. The fireplace was cackling, mocking my acting skills.

I've never been a good actor.

The echoing of our feet sounded in the house, the leather couches surrounding the fireplace. The fire's image reflecting off of the leather, it's flames dancing like ladies at a party.

" Want to head to the library? Your Dad should be here any moment." Mom suggested, swishing her hand to the private library.

Any moment.

I just smile, and nod my head. The library was, and still is, my haven. Going there is replacing my fake smile with a real one slowly. Once I have entered, the smell of old books fill my nose. Smiling, I enter the animal section, searching for one book only.

S...

Sascatune

Sarry

Sburmy

Scamander!

" Haha found you."

I smile, grabbing the cover instantly. Sitting down, I look at the cover that I last saw a year ago. 

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them.

Opening it up quickly, my heart beating, I read each and every word carefully. I look at each picture carefully, memorizing each picture. Even though I have memorized it already. My haven is this book. This fantastic book which tells fantastic beasts.

My haven.

My book.

This smile I am wearing right now, is not fake. No, it's as real as any real thing. It's as real as a dragon.

One of the only things that is real at this moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Honey! Dad isn't coming home quiet yet. He got caught up in work!"

Thanks for reminding me of him. Reading this book blocked out all unwanted thoughts, including my unwanted Dad. I sighed, flipping through one of the hundreds of pages. Each page contained different types of beasts that I would love to learn, and feed. Maybe even pet if I was lucky enough.

You know.. I think I just turned a page that had this huge snake on it. But I'm not quiet sure. I quickly furrowed my eyebrows, and skidded to a stop. Steadily, I grabbed the pages and flipped backwards until I saw a huge snake.