Jealous

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paper wrap was thrown against the floor, and giggles of children filled the air around us. We were opening presents in the morning of 1991. Snow gracefully fell outside, burying the castle in cold shining dust. In which Children would go play in, in the early afternoon. We had no classes today, which would mean that We could enjoy Christmas peacefully. Even if that meant that I would cuddle with Oliver for hours. 

And as I sat there, Oliver holding me in his arms. I couldn't help but wonder who that girl was? The girl who glared at me, and was Oliver's Chess mate. The girl who stomped out of the Gryffindor Common Room? In fact, I never did see her again. It's been a whole morning now, but I'm not extra worried.

" Hey Olive. I was wondering who that girl was? Her name was Jess, but that's the only information that I got."

He sighs, ruffling his hair up from stress. I looked up at him, while he looked back at me.

"Jess RoseFlower. Well, Her family is pretty important in the Wizarding World. The RoseFlowers own about 4 seats in the Ministry. And are quiet popular in being the best Quidditch Chasers around. Her Father, Grandfather, and even her Great-Grandfather were Quidditch Chasers in their day. So, She followed in their footsteps. Really, Being the only girl heir to be a Chaser in her family."

As I looked up at him, His eyes sparkled in admiration. But it wasn't toward me, it was towards Jess. I felt my heart tug in all sorts of directions. What was I supposed to do? Tears started to brim my eyes, but I looked away. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, clearing the liquid from my eyes. I'm not a crier. I never was.

I didn't want to look at him. Because I knew that if I looked at him. I would get this pain in my chest. And I have no clue if it was out of Jealousy or not. It didn't matter, it hurt. I sighed getting up, focusing all of my attention of the gleaming bulbs of light on the tree.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Oliver asked me.

I just stood there, contemplating if I should tell him or not.

"Not really, No." I sigh, rubbing a hand over my face. I heard the couch creek, and movement to my side. I felt a soft but large hand hold my hand, and hair tickle my cheek.

"Are you sad?"

"No."

Silence wrapped around the room, slowly but surely squeezing it.

"Are you mad?"

I sigh again.

"Yes.. Well not really, more like.. Jealous."

I felt weight lift off my shoulder, and Oliver's face come into view.

"Why?" He asks slowly, his brown eyes searching through mine. The dark brown was enticing, like small ripples in the ocean.

"Well.. You just seemed so proud of 'Jess'. Like She was better than me or something. I like you.. A lot. And when I see you guys talk, laugh or even smile, I get a tug in my chest. A very uncomfortable tug, like a pulling sensation. And it drives me mad, crazy even. And just mere minutes ago, You were talking about her like you looked up to her. Like you wanted to be her."

 "I mean.. I look up to Jess, but not that way. And Love, there is nothing to worry about. I love you just the way you are, in all of your glory. And I wouldn't change a thing about you, because you are perfect. Yes, We talk. We smile, and We laugh. But you have to understand that We are human. I laugh with everyone. I smile with everyone. I talk with everyone. It's not just her. It's you, It's Harry, Hermione, Marcus Flint but not in a good way, and even Dumbledore. I don't want to be her, because guess what? If I was her, I wouldn't Have you."

My heart stopped, and silence entered the air. It wrapped around our bodies like a gigantic snake. Like a Basilisk.

If I was her, I wouldn't have you.

I was speechless.

Oliver rendered me speechless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

READ NOTE PLEASE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HI! I sincerely apologize, from the deepest darkest spot in my soul. I haven't written in what? About a month? But I really am sorry. School is finally biting my butt, and school work is being stacked. Pages upon pages! Kidding. No but seriously, School is very stressful and I just haven't been in a writing mood. And I have to be in a writing mood to write, because I don't want to force myself into writing.

And I Have a question to ask you guys.  

Should I just skip to the end of the school year? Well Between Christmas and the end of the school year, I think it's a bit boring. Going from class to class, papers upon papers of Defense against the Dark Arts, Studying. Where's the magic in that?

So yea that's it folks. And one more thing!

HAPPY 10K! I CAN'T BELIEVE WE HIT IT SO QUICKLY! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

BUH BYE YA'LL,

-Author Chan ;)