Christmas Morning

Heyy guys. Before I start this chapter, I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for more than 8k views and more than 200 votes. I couldn't of done it without you. Of course, I'm not the best writer. Or best speller, according to some of my chapters. But I love this book and I am proud of myself. I'm proud of how much effort I have put into this book. And of course happy (And surprised) that you guys have read this book. And I am really sorry that I haven't written in a while. Let's get into the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next thing I know, I'm wide awake. Sweat beads dripped down my forehead, making me grimace. I must of had a pretty bad dream about Voldemort. Today is December 25th! A beautiful Christmas morning with a few layers of snow. I have been lying in bed for a few minutes, Contemplating on what to do next. I should probably go take a shower.

I slowly get up, wincing at the jab of pain in my back. Still healing. I mean, The Matron didn't say I could leave but I break the rules sometimes. Plus, I didn't want to be in The Hospital Wing for Christmas. That would totally suck. I slowly walked to the bathroom, almost jumping in joy for the hot water to hit my back. Almost. As I started up the shower and stripped down to my undergarments, I stopped and I looked at myself in the mirror. The reflection of the famous Quidditch Player's daughter taunted me with the same pair of e/c orbs and sunken cheeks.

Everything that has happened to me just made me so tired, Emotionally and Physically. I, Y/n M/n Iris is a first year who had to fight Voldemort from the stone. From Becoming more of a monster. From Power. And I thought, that maybe, I would have a care free first year at Hogwarts.  That didn't happen.

I stopped looking at myself in the mirror, already feeling sick from looking at the sunken cheeks that use to hold a light blush. Or my e/c eyes that use to hold a gleam of happiness and glee. I couldn't handle looking like this sad, emotionless person anymore. I need to cheer up, need to feel better about my life. As I stripped down and got into the warm shower, I felt happier. I felt a Christmas spirit flow through me.

I need to be happier that I'm alive.

I need to be happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I got dressed, praying that I wouldn't kill myself by putting on my shirt. I fled the Gryffindor Common Room, not surprised by the many stares when I walked down the stairs. I looked horrible, not going to lie. Harry, Hermione and Ron came clashing towards me, hugging me at once.

"I'm so glad you're okay, Y/n." Hermione whispered, hugging me tightly.

"I'm glad I'm okay." I laugh, squinting my eyes shut.

"I heard what happened. I'm sorry, Y/n. I thought my measly cut on my cheek was bad. Boy, was I wrong."  Ron laughed, lifting his arms off me.

I open my eyes,  surprised that Hermione still had a death grip on me.

"Hermione, I'm not going anywhere." I laugh, which makes everyone else laugh.

"I already got my hug." Harry laughs, which makes me smile.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want to let go of you." Hermione laughs, making me squint playfully.

I was about to hit her in the arm but I stopped, noticing the scene splayed around us. The glimmer of the beautiful pine tree, made me smile. Boxes wrapped in colorful wrapping hid under the tree and the smell of cocoa filled the air. The fire was a lite and the orange and red flames danced in the stone fireplace. I looked around carefully, almost jumping in excitement when I saw Oliver playing chess with another Gryffindor. I strode quickly, Olive noticing me immediately. He jumped up from his chair, making the other chess player stop her move and give her attention to me. She scowled immediately and cursed under her breathe. I looked at her confused before my thoughts were washed away by the breathe taking hug Oliver gave me.