Chapter 6: Card Game

Kold's POV

After that hectic quirk exam we had taken ourselves back into our classroom. Not before changing into our school uniforms, and after that nothing really happened much.

Its just regular class session like other schools, Math, English, Classical Japanese and other subjects that needs to be thought to individual

"Okay... that's it use your free time to study your quirks because you willhave your first lesson on Hero Basic Training" Mr. Aizawa announced to the whole class which gave me a sigh of relief.

'I think I could relax during this free time...' I thought to myself leaning in my seat just behind Yaoyurozu.

I pulled out my Oracle Think Tank deck and scaned it, rereading the abilities of each units. 'I need to stop relying on the grade 0 units for powers and their triggers. They can't always support me everytime when a fight comes'

"Hey Kold?" someone asked getting my attention.

I looked up and saw that it was just Yaoyurozu. "Oh its you Yaoyurozu. What's up?" I replied looking back at my cards.

"What's that your holding?" she asked curiously about the cards.

"This..." I said showing her my cards. "This is just something that helps with my quirk" I answered spreading the card at my table.

As I did this some of my classmates gathered at my seat this includes Midoriya, the red haired guy, blonde kid and the guy with a hawk head.

"So what is your quirk?" the hawk head student questioned crossing hus arms.

"Its just summoning creatures using these cards" I said lifting up a card to show them.

"That's awesome! I wish I could have a much flashier quirk just like yours" the red haired boy said. "Mine is hardening my body, so it doesn't have that flash to show"

"Really? I thought its a great quirk, you could be very invincible cause the damage you take could be lessen. Example is that you could withstand Bakuguo's explosions" I said informing him that his quirk is much flashier than it looks.

"A quirk will be strong depending on how you use it" I said giving them advices.

"Wow Kold. I didn't know you are that wise" Yaoyoruzu said in amazement.

"Yeah... even I did not think I could be that wise" I replied sheepishly scratching the back of my head.

"Kold... I was wondering, if you have that amazing quirk why didn't you show it in our last class?" Midoriya asked jumping in the converaation.

"Well I could I ask you the same thing. Why did you hide your quirk, especially from Bakuguo?" I questioned back in a serious face.

"W-well... umm..." he tried to answer but I raised my hand to halt him.

"I don't particularly care but the reason is that I really plan on not showing it because I haven't decided on what to do yet" I started to explain.

"At first, I didn't want to become a Hero but because of someone I met I decided to be one. I realized then and there that being a Hero is a small prive to pay for them" I sincerely said looking at the cards in my hand.

'They may look like regular cards, but they are special and they are magical'

*RRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGG*

We heard the bell ring and it indicated that it is lunch time. I gathered back the cards in my desk and stood up from my seat with the eyes of everyone on me, following me to the door. I put my hands in my pocket returning where my cards should be. In the other pocket is where my Gold Paladins are, these cards will serve to be my lucky charm.