Chapter 23: Hero Internship

Kold's POV

After those uneventful two day off, it all had gone back to normal meaning classes are in session and lucky me I arrived early but unfortunately it rained, and I miss the comfort of my bed. 'Why did I even woke up early... oh... there was nothing to do at home'

Back at home Mom had gone out and Father was off to work which means that I was left alone, it was actually good for the first few minutes but I got bored easily and decided to come to school early once in a while.

What really changed all of a sudden is that the experience yesterday was also the same for today, people had treated me like some sort of famous hero and it freaked me out a bit. All I replied to those people were a forced smile while hoping they didn't notice that I am giving off a fake smile to them.

When I arrived at class I noticed that almost all of my classmates are here, I guess I wasn't that early to begin with.

I sat at my chair closing my eyes to get some shut eye for a minute or two, but misfortune must really like me because of my loud classmates I can't even shut my eyes to rest a bit. They keep on rambling on how people recognized them and staring at them like some kind of celebrity.

The sliding door of our class opened and arrived Mr. Aizawa with no bandages on him, that's good... I guess. "Morning class"

"Good Morning Mr. Aizawa" we all replied in unison and behaved like the students we were supposed to be.

"Ribbit, Mr. Aizawa you don't have any bandages anymore, that's good news" Tsu said.

"The old lady went a little overboard with her treatment... Anyway, we have a big class today on Hero Informatics" that being said by our adviser got me startled, I didn't study on anything during those off days. Being lazy is really tiring.

"... You need codenames... time to pick your hero identities" he said with everyone rejoicing, well except for me and others. 'This is going to be pretty bad... I'm not very good with coming up with names'

"This is related to the Hero draft picks I mentioned when we were on class together. Normally students don't have to worry about the draft yet... not on their second or third year actually. But your class is different, in fact by extending offers to first years like you pros is essentially investing in your potential. Any offers can be rescinded if their interest in you dies down before graduation though" Mr. Aizawa explained and I understood the gist of it.

"So what you're saying is that we still have to prove ourselves even after we have been recruited?" the invisible girl asked or you could say she was complaining somehow.

"Correct... Now, here are the totals for those of you who got offers." He said while pressing a button towards the board, and a list of names and numbers were shown in the board.

With an almost ten thousand hero agencies, I got 3,599 offers much more than Bakuguo but less than Todoroki. "In past years it's been more spread out, but there is a pretty big gap this time"

"Aghhh... that's no fair!" Kaminari groaned out.

"Kold have more offers than Bakuguo and Todoroki got the most" Jirou said while raising her brows, clearly confused by the outcome.

"Yeah... and Kold just blasted thorough second but he was only on the top eight. Goes to show how powerful and adaptive his quirk is" Kirishima added on to what Jirou had said.

Everyone is just excited because of this, I don't really know what's the big deal. "You must be proud... huh Kold?" Yaoyorozu asked me.

"I guess but this does not mean I am strong, they just see some potential within me... no big deal" I replied to her.