Chapter 5

Shikamaru POV

I listened to Iruka-sensei as he taught us about different chakra nature types when the bell rang signaling lunch time.'what a drag,now they might ask more questions about the girl they saw me will,i wonder how she is doing though'.

When Iruka sensei left almost everyone turned their heads in my direction.'oh man' i thought."So Shikamaru,how long were you gonna keep your girlfriend a secret,huh?" asked Ino ."I don't know what your talking about,now go away." I said a fake irritated expression on. 'This will be hard,firstly she isn't my girlfriend and now these guys won't leave me alone,how troublesome'.

"Oh stop it would ya!,that's impossible!,lazy Shikamaru having a girlfriend!, even if he did she would have dumped him long ago,I mean he is so lazy,who would want a boyfriend like him?,its impossible,ya know!" Naruto shouted to the whole classroom.

"Its not impossible Na-ru-to!,besides unlike you he is an heir to a clan and is smarter than you!,you on the other hand are a loser and an idiot!,if anything it would be unbelievable for you to have a girlfriend!!!" yelled Into angrily back at him."Yeah!,and besides we saw him yesterday with her holding hands,so that's evidence that he has a girlfriend" a boy said.

"Heaven and hell will turn backwards before I believe someone as lazy as lazy bones over there has a girlfriend!" Naruto yelled exiting the classroom."What a loser,who does he think he is?" said Ino. While they turned they attention away from me I snuck out the window.

"Hey!!,Shikamaru get back here!!" yelled Ino.'finally got away from them' I thought and went to a bidding place to eat my lunch in peace and quiet.

<<time skip>>

After lunch I went to class a bit later than everyone else, knowing they would ask me more questions about the girl a was with '(y/n)' and didn't want to answer them.I entered the class room closing the door behind me."Shikamaru, you are late,where were you?" asked Iruka-sensei ."Sorry sensei,I took a short nap and lost track of time" I said to him.

"Fine,but don't let it happen again!" he yelled."Okay I won't,I promise." I said then went to take my seat and saw everyone glaring at me while I did and i sighed sitting down.Then they took their attention from me when Iruka-sensei started teaching again to hear what he is teaching.

<<Time Skip>>

It was now after school and I was walking to the school entrance to exit and go home,but then Choji,Ino and some boys in our class came my way. "Hey Shikamaru!!,wait up!!" yelled Choji.I ignored them and kept walking until I got outside the school property. And continued walking.

but they eventually caught up with me."Hey Shikamaru,is it really true you got a girlfriend?" asked Choji."No I don't." I said."Then who was that girl you were holding hands with,huh?" one of the boys asked."Go away" I said."Ooh!,chasing us away means its true right Shikamaru?" said Ino.

"Look you guys, I don't have a girlfriend, if I did, she would call me from far away with a nickname of some kind and say I have been looking for you and would you like to hang out or something!,but no!,that is not happening!,so that means I don't have a girlfriend!!!." I yelled to them really irritated by the never ending questioning.And they remained quiet,surprised at my out burst.

But a short second after I that "Hey Shika!!!,There you are!!" Said (y/n) running in our direction.*face palm*'really terrible timing,no,no way,this is the worst timing I have ever saw in my life,MAN WHAT A DRAG!!!!,This is almost the worst day of my life' I screamed in agony in my head.

(Y/n) POV

I ran to Shikamaru and after I saw him and his friends look in my direction,"Hey Shikamaru,I wanted to know if you would like to hang out today too" I said "Oh,and hi Choji and everyone!" I finished bowing.When I looked up again I saw that their jaws were hanging open."(y-y/n),y-your Shikamaru's girlfriend?" asked Choji.

I stood there quiet for a while letting the question sink in and when it did......I my whole face was red,and my ears produced steam."W-wh-,N-no i-,Shikamaru?!" I then turned to him.He sighed and said "Guys we are just friends okay?,now (y/n) let's go"."O-okay,bye everyone" I said quietly.We both turned away from them and started to walk off.

"Hang on a sec,hi there,my name is Ino and I am friends with Shikamaru here,don't think we have met before."said Ino stopping in front of us before we could walk too far."H-hi,I am (y/n),and I am glad to meet you." I said softly but loud enough so she could hear me.

"Hey your kinda cute and your beautiful too,Shikamaru is very lucky to have a cutie like you as a girlfriend."N-no,we are just friends,right Shikamaru?" I asked for confirmation from him to prove it."Yeah,sure" he said stoically,but then grabbed my hand and intertwined it with his and pulled me along as he walked ahead of me.

I looked back at everyone flustered at his action only to see them staring with wide and goofy grins on their faces. I got even more flustered by this and turned to look straight ahead and walked faster to walk side by side with Shikamaru our hands still together.

"Hey Shika,what was that  about?" I asked as we walked."They were bothering me,that's what.", "Oh,I understand," I said."Um Shika,want to go and watch the clouds again?" I asked and he turned my head to me and smiled "I would love to watch the clouds with you" he said with a closed eye smile.I smiled too at his answer and started running to the spot we watched the clouds at last time,dragging  him behind me.

When we got there we both of us laid on the grass looking up at the sky then intertwined our hands as both of us went to sleep. You see I was helping my brother at the restaurant before I came looking for Shikamaru,so I was tired too.

To be continued....

I am sorry if it is shorter than most chapters I have wrote I hope you like it.

In the next chapter it will be the day of the restaurant opening.

Until next time reader-chan