Chapter 14

Friday

Normal POV

(Y/N) hasn't been to school since Monday and everyone is worried, more so Shikamaru. He hasn't been able to concentrate at all and been spacing out during lessons and is only getting worse because of (Y/N)'s many absences. Even at home he doesn't eat much and would go to his room and watch the ceiling while laying on his bed and went to sleep earlier than usual.

Everyone has been planning her birthday, but wonder if she would even attend, so instead they chose to give her the presents today after school in case she was too sick to make it to the party. They cared more about her health before anything else. Because that is what a true comrade does.

The classroom was so dull and solemn, it was dark to the extent that everyone was not even doing much. Iruka told the students to revise because he couldn't bring himself to teach. "Hey! Guys!, stop being so depressed already, your all acting like someone died!, at least do something ya know!." yelled Naruto standing up in his seat.

"SHUT IT NARUTO!!" yelled Sakura. "Wha-?!,.....whatever Sakura......look I know you guys are sad and all, but it's not that big a deal. I mean we'll see her Monday" he said. "Oh yeah and how do you know that, Naruto?" Iruka said. "Well it's not like she is going to be sick forever ya know!" he said poutingly, not even looking Iruka in the eye anymore and fidgeting a little.

"Huh....you really are hopeless.....anyway everyone please give me your presents, and put your names on them.......I will go and give them to (Y/N) after school" he said after sighing at Naruto's statement. And Shikamaru raised his hand. "Hm.....oh, yes, what is it Shikamaru?", "Sensei, I was wondering if I could come with you?" He said. "Yeah, alright, that would be a big help" Iruka said smiling.

(Y/N) POV

Today was a good day, I have been relaxing in my room, almost forgetting this dreadful week. I can't wait till Monday, I still can't believe they all found out about my birthday, but whatever. Naruto has been coming over once in a while to check up on me and because I didn't want him to worry yesterday I told him the real reason why I dislike this week and he understood, he actually told me,

"Your parents died protecting you and your brother and that should be a reason for you to live freely, you should enjoy your birthday even if it's the day you lost them, your parents wouldn't want you to become sad and lonely when they died so that you could have a happy life.

I am not really one to say this since I never knew my parents, but instead of getting depressed, you should celebrate the day your parents died honourably protecting those they love and your birthday too, cause i that is what I think they would love to have you do, I am sure that no parent would want their children to suffer over something like this, so be positive and remember that they didn't die for nothin' ya know!" He said with a bright smile, prompting me to smile too.

After that I told him that I would come to school on Monday and asked him not to tell anyone about this and he promised he wouldn't. Naruto is such a good friend, because of him I made up my mind, I won't grieve over my parents anymore, instead I will see them as heroes who died honourably and celebrate that fact, my parents didn't die on a whim or a mistake, they died to protect their family.

Today I am leaving the village to visit their graves, unfortunately it will take a day to get there, so I will be traveling all night. I don't want to miss school on Monday,my brother is staying in the village though to make sure that no one worries.

With a happy smile I got out of my room balcony, ready to take my leave. "(Y/N), good luck and make sure you aren't seen, okay?" my brother said peeking at my door, after he heard my footsteps and came upstairs. "I promise, i wont let them see me, bye big brother!!!" I said disappearing with a puff.

<<<<Time skip>>>>

After a lot of hiding and avoiding, I made it to the outside of one of the leaf gates by distracting the guard of the gate. Now outside i went on my way.

Shikamaru's POV

We finally made it to 'her' house and honestly I am so happy, I really hope she is okay. I don't know if i saw things or something but i thought i saw (Y/N) a while ago,.....hm.....maybe not. Anyway when we reached the Sukiyaki family house door, Iruka sensei knocked on the door three times. "Coming!!" we heard from the other side of the door.

After a while the door was finally opened. "Huh?...oh good after noon Mr Iruka and Shikamaru" Kioku said bowing to us. "Afternoon Kioku, we came to give (Y/N) these birthday presents from her classmates" said Iruka. "Afternoon" i said. "Oh....for (Y/N) you say...um...well...she went to sleep earlier cause she was a little sick today too and i don't want to disturb her...so" he said.

"Oh.....well can we at least leave these presents here, they are her presents after all" I said. "Yeah, s-sure you can" he said opening the door wider to let us in. We went inside and put the presents on the floor next to a wall. After we finished Iruka sensei told Kioku that we were going on our way and i couldn't help but stare at the direction in which her room was located.

'I hope she is okay' i thought sadly. "Well in that case let me walk you to the door and again thank you for this, my sister will be so happy." He said with a smile. "It was our pleasure" said Iruka, we then went to the door and went outside ready to leave while Kioku was waving goodbye to us at the door.

I turned around and said. "Can you please tell her that i......really hope she gets better soon and to not strain herself. Also that she better be healthy when I see-....I mean when we see her, okay?" I said. Kioku just stared at me and blinked a few times before smiling and saying "of course, she will be glad to hear that you said that" he said after a moment.

"Wha- I didn't say that, my classmates did!, i-i mean...why would I say...something like that!!" I yelled trying to hide how flustered I am, but unluckily for me......my face was as red as a tomato.
He just chuckled at me and said "of course you didn't, but I also don't think the others said that, plus she doesn't have many friends so maybe the ones she does have will tell her that at school.... so i won't tell her that, maybe her 'friends' can tell her that at school" he said chuckling with a mischievous smile.

I turned really red at that, he figured me out. "Okay, fine.......i am saying that now, b-but it's not.....yeah! okay Irula-sensei i am coming!!, sorry as you can see Iruka-sensei is calling me so I gotta go, bye!!" I said speeding off as fast as I can to avoid his accusing gaze, hearing him full on laughing in the distance and yelling "DON'T WORRY I PROMISE TO TELL HER!!!!" he yelled, 'man this is such a drag!!!!!' I thought dreadfully while running.

To be continued.......