Chapter 29

"W-what?", "oh?....What I'm saying is......

Welcome to the Akatsuki!" Said the man with the orange mask.

The girl's (e/c) eyes widened at the words..."w-what the-?...what makes you think I'm going to be an Akatsuki or whatever?! and also why am I here?!!" she questioned frantically, but her face remained calm and her fighting stance never faltered.

"Huh?!.....what does (Y/N) mean when she says she doesn't want to be one of us?!" he started, he then ran around the cave for a bit looking like he was having a break down while the other two people in the room just looked at him without saying anything.

The orange masked man then stopped right in front of the girl, startling her in the process....and then in a much more serious but still high tone he said "Well don't worry, our leader will convince you to join very easily?" before backing away leaving  the  shocked.

"Just what the heck is he talking about?!.....and why did you loons kidnap me?!" she asked, her face beginning to frown more and more. After she said that she saw multiple paper birds fly threateningly around her and stood very still in fear of provoking them.

"Listen (Y/N)....I would appreciate it if you would keep it down....my name is Konan, the masked man is Tobi....and this is our leader Pain"said the only female in the room, the girl nodded her head, her face becoming calm again. Konan then retracted her paper birds and nodded to the leader signaling him to talk right after. The man got a little closer, coming out of the blanket of shadows and the girl saw many piercings on his face.

"Hello (Y/N), as Konan has told you I'm Pain. It's a pleasure to meet you" said the red haired man, the girl just looked at him without replying and so he continued "So then....the reason you were brought here was because you are wanted by our group, The Akatsuki...normally we would not want to just add a child like you as a member....but we have found out about your many skills or more so your family history.".

"W-what?", "yes I understand you must be surprised but it is the truth....we want you to join the Akatsuki" he said, "Take it into mind that if you refuse we will reveal all the secrets and burdens held by you and your brother to the leaf anonymously and also kill you" Konan added. "I don't know what your talking about....exactly what secrets and burdens?" the girl scoffed.

"Faking ignorance will not save you here, we're well aware of your skills in acting" Konan said, "And also...your right....we don't know much....but we do know about how you and your brother are descendants of the Hyuga and Uchiha clans, that your Hyuga and Uchiha ancestors were supposed to be executed..and how both of you have mangekyo sharingan...very good enough information, right (Y/N)?" said Tobi in a cheerful tone.

The girl's eyes widened again in fear, she was frozen in shock. When she got out of it "So your all going to blackmail me to get me on this stupid team?!", "No we're just convincing you to join by telling you we might tell on you and your brother for hiding secrets from your own village!" Tobi exclaimed, as if they were doing a good deed.

"Just what the heck do you all expect me to do?!....leave the leaf and join you?!... I would basically be an enemy of the leaf!...and to hurt and abandon my friends like that would be...-" the girl said, "that's why we're proposing that you.........fake your own death with our help...so that they won't be hurt by (Y/N) but instead someone else!!...that is if you have to fight them in the future!!" Tobi said excitedly.

"Seriously?...and how exactly are you gonna do that?....not that I'm considering even joining you creepers" she asked with her arms now folded, eyebrow raised and her taijutsu stance completely forgotten. "Well I found you in the forest so~.....We'll take a lot of your blood, put it in a container..take your current clothing..go to the place I found you....pour the blood on the place you fell on after you hit the tree....dry it up with a jutsu which will make it look old....you recuperate from having your blood taken out and when your done....I give you your very own mask and we go on missions together!!!!...we would be The masked  duo of the Akatsuki!!" Tobi said excitedly.

The girl looked at him surprised at mostly that such a happy-go-lucky guy could come up with such a dark plan.....the thought of it disgusted her. "So what do you think?" said Pain, "No....I don't want to join the Akatsuki!" she said, "Think about this very carefully...if not for your self but instead for your brother" Konan added. "What do you mean?!, what are you going to do to him?!" the girl yelled and got back into her previous fighting stance.

"We won't do anything do him....but after we tell the village about your family history he probably won't be safe there...the Uchiha were massacred...so he might be killed too for the same reason and his ocular jutsu taken by the village" Pain said, the girl looked at him in horror, as if she was seeing a real life zombie right in front of her....she looked down thinking about what she should do next.

"You have two hours to decide, well be back" said Konan as they all began to leave, their footsteps becoming distant the more they moved. They left the girl to think about this whole situation alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the leaf

After Sakura and Naruto found out that their former classmate is missing they rounded up everyone, including team Guy and (Y/N)'s teammates to their training ground, Although Sasuke was getting his special training from Kakashi so they didn't want to bother them.

Sakura and Naruto stood front and center of all the other teams thinking of how to tell them all without starting a ruckus. "Hey Billboard brow!, if you guys called us here just to waste our time your dead!" Ino exclaimed, "yes, I don't appreciate my training being delayed, and also why is our team here to begin with" hissed Neji. "We called you all here because me and Naruto found out some bad news today" Sakura said sadly, Ino's taunt not even fazing her.

"What do you mean bad news, Sakura?" asked Lee, "this morning we heard that (Y/N) is missing" said Naruto, "It's true" Sakura added. Everyone's eyes widened at this new information, excluding Neji who simply looked away with his eyes closed. "What do you mean she's missing?!" yelled Shizen while Fuhai just glared at both Sakura and Naruto, "we mean missing idiot!, we heard her brother say it and he closed-shop because of it, ya know!!" Naruto yelled.

"And how the hell do you think she's missing?, you got proof?" asked Neji, "Because by the time I leave the apartment complex she's usually up by then to wish me luck on my training!!" Naruto retorted, "What if she decided to not do that because she finally saw what a loser you really are?, or maybe she became disobedient and-", "Like hell Hyuga scum!, our teammate is not like that at all!!" Shizen yelled in anger at Neji and interrupted him at the same time.

"Guys cool it, let's not get into an unnecessary fight now...and Neji you don't know her well so stop talking about her like that and as a matter of a fact (Y/N) doesn't just change routine on a whim" Shikamaru started while glaring at Neji on the last part. "Now then, Naruto and Sakura what do you suggest we do since you came to us with this information" Shikamaru finished.

"Her brother and the restaurant staff are busy searching for her, so we thought that we should look too....i know some of you have the Chunnin exam finals but please help, for today at least" Sakura said. Everyone nodded and with that Shikamaru gave everyone different places to search, and as he did this the only thoughts in his head were "please be safe (Y/N), I'm coming for you.....we all are".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ding!Ding!Ding!, times up....so then (Y/N) what is your decision?!" Tobi asked as he and the others walked back into the room, "yeah I'll....." she mumbled while looking at the floor, "What?!, Tobi can't hear you you'll have to speak up", "For the sake of my brother and all that my ancestors did to keep us alive and to hide the truth...also to protect my brother...I'll do it" she said firmly, finally raising her head, and if you were to look closely you could see how puffy and red her eyes were.

"Good, Tobi take her to her own room, give her some food to eat first and then extract her blood, everything else will be said after she finishes to recuperate and gets her own cloak...and remember that if you betray the Akatsuki...we will kill you" Pain said before turning around to take his leave while Konan followed close behind him.

With that said and done, a single tear rolled down the girl's cheek as she thought "I'm sorry brother....and I'm really sorry to you.....Shikamaru" sadly, Tobi didn't say or do anything as he watched the girl sob because he was well aware that anything he would do or say would just make it worse for her. So he waited long enough until she stopped before taking her to get some food.

To be continued....