Chapter 27

"But you need to quit now.....little sister"

He said with the most serious look I have ever seen on his face, the smile he had....gone...faster then it came......my eyes widened at what he had said...quit?..he wants me to quit.

"Wh-why-", "did you forget the reason we came here, sister?....or have you simply become distracted?" he said while staring right into my eyes, a stoic but frightening look on his face. "No i did not!, but why do i have to quit the exams?", "Because you revealed a lot during the preliminaries!!, if you fight in the finals....where the head of the Hyuga clan will be!, along with who knows who!, we will be in danger!" he said with a slightly raised tone.

"And i get that but-!", "No buts, Sister!!!....it's either you do not participate in the finals or.....we leave the village forever..." He said, and i then silently nodded without arguing any further. "Good...anyway the doctor said that you will be able to get out of here after a week or so depending on your condition....so once that is done, i want you to go to the Hokage and tell him of your resignation of entry into the Chunin exams, got it?" He said and again...i nodded.

He then looked at me sadly and said "look i know you are said about this...but you need to remember what our parents fought for and why we are here in the first place, alright?", "yeah don't worry brother....I understand" I said sadly.

<<<<<<Time Skip>>>>>>>

My injuries have healed to some degree and I was able to move almost freely again....so I left home and headed for the Hokage's office. I am going to do as my brother said and quit the exams, for the sake of our lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come in!" said the Hokage after hearing me knock on his office door, I then took a deep breath before entering the room. When I entered I saw the Hokage, along with two old men, one of them had bandages covering his arm and his eye, and there was also an old woman. It looked like they were in a meeting before I entered.

I bowed while saying "Apologies Lord Hokage...I didn't mean to interrupt", "it's okay child, now tell me what is so important that you came to me" he said while the other geezers in the room remained quiet but their attention focused on me. I looked up at the Hokage and said "Lord Hokage, i would like to pull out of the chunin exams please.." firmly.

"What?!" exclaimed the other people in the room except the Hokage in unison. "I see.....may i ask why?" the Hokage asked,"it's personal sir". "This is an outrage!!, that now makes two genin who quit the exams from 'his' team!!.....and not only that!, but one of them lost the preliminaries on purpose!!!, this can't be a coincidence,Hiruzen!!" said the man with the bandages.

"Huh?.....what do you mean?" I asked in surprise, the Hokage sighed and said "well you see.......about a week ago one of your teammates Fuhai came to me to quit the exams too....and as for your other teammate Shizen...apparently he held back during his fight, and lost on purpose....for what reasons I don't know". "Child, do you know what might have made them do those things?" Asked the old lady, "no, I don't..sorry........so what does Sensei think of all this then?" I said, "nothing, that cheeky brat!....." said the man with bandages.

"I see....we'll I'm sorry to hear that.....but I think I should go now" I said while turning around, and just when only a crack of the door was open the Hokage said "Wait" and I halted, waiting for his next words, "listen, just like I told that Fuhai boy...even if you are saying that you quit...if you change your mind then come tell me, alright?", "understood sir" I said before finally leaving.