Chapter 12

Dear reader~chan, sorry to say but this chapter will be kinda sad, I hope you enjoy it!, love Koi~chan.

I spent Sunday helping at the restaurant and have to go to school today. Which is Monday. I got ready for the day and went down stairs to rat breakfast.
I sat on a chair and said "thank you for the food" sadly before eating. My brother sat across from me but I didn't pay much attention to him.

He was quiet and didn't say much either, I guess it is that kind of week for us, huh?, whatever. I ate,finished and left after saying goodbye to my brother and still I couldn't bring myself to smile. I was so depressed, that I didn't even notice I was walking too slow and lagging behind.

<<<Time Skip>>>

I walked to the school and saw that there was no one around, 'where is everyone?' I questioned myself. I walked until I got to our classroom and knocked. "Come in!" a voice said. I opened the door, got inside, then closed it behind me. "Huh?, (Y/N)?, why are you late?!" asked Iruka-sensei sternly and raising his voice.

"I'm late?, I'm sorry sensei, it won't happen again." I said bowing and then turned to go to my seat. I went to my normal sitting place next to Shino and sat down. Then sensei started to teach again. "Hey are you okay?" asked a voice next to me. "Hm?.....yeah I'm fine" I said. "You look a little sad and you aren't acting like yourself" he said.

"Please just leave me alone, Shino" I said with an irritated tone. Shino then turned forward without saying anything. When I was about to do the same he said "I don't know what has you so upset, but I know it must be personal, I know that because you usually don't lash out on others, so there must be a reason." he finished and those were the last words he said before lunch.

During lunch time I went to an isolated area of the school. I don't want to be around people. Especially on this week, this dreadful week. I ate my lunch and realised that lunch wasn't over so I stayed there waiting for lunch to end. I then saw a ladybug fly by, but thought it was a coincidence.

After a while Shino came and sat next to my crouching figure. "What do you want?" I mumbled. "I came to check up on you, are you okay?" he said, "Yes I am now please let me be" I said. "Sorry, but I can't just leave you all depressed like this, that's because leaving depressed people alone could be dangerous" he stated.

"What do you mean dangerous?" I asked looking up at him. "Some of them can get so depressed that they would wish they could find a way out, in some cases they commit suicide to 'get rid' of it" he said. "Oh...." I said trailing off, causing a long silence.

After a while the bell rang and we went back to class. Lessons went well except for me spacing out and being scolded. When the bell rang for after school, I took my books and said goodbye to Shino before standing up and leaving.

When I just got through the gate, finally leaving the school, I felt a hand tough my shoulder and turned around. When I did my eyes widened in surprise. "Wha-what are you doing?" I asked shocked, at the pineapple headed boy, looking like he just ran a marathon.

"I....h-have....been yelling.....your name for a while and you didn't even turn around.." he said between his panting. "Oh...i'm sorry, I didn't hear you Shika" I said with a worried expression. "Just what is up with you today, you are so distracted, even in class you were, what happened?" he said finally breathing normally.

"Sorry I made you worry" I said with a smile. "Okay then.......anyway i just wanted to know if you could join us tomorrow after school, we are going to try the new barbeque special tomorrow." he said. "Sorry, I can't tomorrow" I said sadly. "Oh, are you busy or something?" he asked with a pained expression.

"I....u-um....I just can't tomorrow.....sorry, Shika, but I will be busy with something.....haha.....listen I am going to go home now, bye" I said solemnly and turned around. As I started walking away " wait, how about I walk you home then?" he asked. "Sorry Shika, but I want to be alone, so not today" I said still walking away and after that he didn't say more, noticing my dark mood.

I walked with the same darkened aura, same lagged pace .'Tomorrow, is the day that I wish didn't exist. I hate this day, the same day that....that it all happened.' I thought. I got home a little after sunset,because of my constant slow pace, I took a snack from the kitchen while greeting my brother and went straight to my room and never coming out for the rest of the day.

Shikamaru's POV

After Shikamaru came home he went to his room waiting for his mother to call him down for dinner. He was laying on his bed watching the ceiling as though it had something interesting to show. When his father entered his room and stood beside his bed.

"I it that interesting?" he asked. "Huh?....what do you mean dad?" He said confused. "Oh, nothing, haha.....so you really are excited about tomorrow, huh?, I am sure (Y/N) will be happy that your planning something for her." Shikaku said. "Wait, hang on what do you mean?" Shikamaru asked standing up and showing interest.

"Huh?, you are planning (Y/N) a birthday party right?" his father said eyebrow raised. "Wait I didn't know that" he said. "She didn't tell you?, woops, my bad, thought she told you about it since you are friends and all" he said. "But it's kinda strange" Shikamaru exclaimed.

"What is?" Shikaku asked. "If what you are saying is true and tomorrow is her birthday, then why was she so sad today?" he said. "Sad?", "When I asked her to go with us to the barbeque place, she refused, even when i asked to walk her home she refused, she was spacing out today in school and disappeared during lunch.." stated Shikamaru.

Shikaku narrowed his eyes and said "something must have happened then, was she like this on Saturday too?". "No, she was more cheerful, but today, she looked like there is something weighing her down." he said. "I don't know about this theory, but what if something happened on that day that made her dislike the day itself?" he asked."Yeah, but what could it be then?" Shikamaru said.

"I don't know, but now that I think about it I got lunch at their restaurant and her brother was almost the same." Shikaku said. "What do you mean?" He asked. "When I was talking with him, he smiled but I could see that his heart was not in it, and I asked the staff if he was okay or not and they said that he started acting strangely from the morning, and that he kept secluding himself in the kitchen, even when there were no customers around" said Shikaku.

"So you think, something happened,on that day to make them so weird today?" asked Shikamaru. "Whatever it is, keep an eye on (y/n) tomorrow, okay?" said Shikaku. "Yeah, yeah, I will" he answered. "Shikamaru!, Shikaku!, it's dinner time!" yelled Shikamaru's mom. "Coming!" they both yelled back and began to descend down the stairs.

To be continued......

Sorry reader~chan that this chapter is so short . I will make it longer next time. Until next chapter!!, Sayonara!! Reader~chan!!.