Chapter 1 - Part Three

Elijah

"Elijah? Are you dead?" Santino asked shaking me.

"Leave me the fuck alone, I have a gun underneath my pillow and I'm not afraid to use it," I grumbled in my sleep. I was so fucking high not even sleep could wear this off.

"Bro get the fuck up and clean up, mom is coming to check if you're alright and she doesn't need the added stress when her husband just died two months ago," he started shaking me rapidly.

My head got dizzy so I acted without thinking. I swung my arm at him and I heard a crack of something before I got up.

"Fucking hell!" He screamed.

"Serves you right for trying to wake me up."

"You just broke my nose you dick."

"Relax it's not broken just fractured, I know the magnitude of my hits."

I finally opened my eyes to see all of my brothers gathered in my room looking at me in sympathy.

"Why the fuck are you guys looking at me like that?"

"You don't hear yourself do you?" Franco asked.

"What? Of course I do."

"I can barely understand shit you're saying, what did you take?"

"Probably just coke, it's been such a long time since he's done it that it's fucking with his head," Dante said observing me. "Along with some pills."

Santino opened up the blinds in the room and I nearly fucking cried from the sunlight.

"Get in the shower and sober the fuck up, we'll clean the room and get you something hot to drink and no, you can't put vodka in it this morning," Santino said before ripping the sheets off my bed.

I took a shower with hot water to free up my body's muscles. I let the water run from my head down so the shower beats out the highness.

I came out with a towel wrapped around my waist and my brothers are still in my now clean room.

"You gonna watch me get dressed too?" I asked.

"Yes, we never know you could be sniffing a line if we leave," Santino said.

I huffed before going into my walk in closet and putting on gray casual slacks and a black dress shirt along with my favorite black dress shoes.

"I'm all sober and clean." I gestured by spinning around. "You happy now?"

"Let's see if mom will believe it first," Franco said.

We go downstairs and instead of coffee Santino made me hot chocolate. I'm starting to think he spends too much time with our mother.

As soon as I'm almost finished with my hot chocolate I hear the doorbell ring and Franco gets up to open the door for our mother.

She comes in and I take one look at her and see the comfort that I need. Only she can make this pain in my heart go away as well as the girl who caused it.