Chapter 21

Elijah

It was the second time that both my family and Alyssa's family were here in one spot since the wedding. Let's just say that it's a crazy mix with our different personalities and ethnicity. Alyssa and I really are from two different worlds.

Amanda, Nate, Jada, and her boyfriend Junior joined us in the celebration as they were also graduates.

Matteo was smiling his gum off as his grandmother rubbed his belly. My boy was four months now and was looking more like me everyday. Alyssa said that it was a bad thing because he would fuck around with girls just like I did. We'll see is what I said.

My wife just graduated today with her bachelors in criminal law with honors and I'm so fucking proud of her. I remember her studying while she was nine months pregnant with our son just to show the type of resilience she has.

She's smiling so much from all the congratulations she's getting. I could tell that she was proud of herself and her best friends who also got their bachelors in Medicine and Journalism.

I just watch the proceedings of everything carefully behind my shades, not wanting to get too involved.

Alyssa comes over to the couch on which I'm sat on.

"Hey handsome," she says sitting beside me.

She pecks my lips then she lays her head on my shoulder.

"I'm thinking very bad things with your legs spread like that," she smiles.

I raise my eyebrows suggestively, "Maybe you should show me how bad you can be."

"Oh gosh, don't I wish I never heard that," Santino mumbles as he halts in front of us. "Can I talk to you?" He asks me.

I look over at Alyssa.

"Go I'll be fine, I'll just go talk to Jada and her boyfriend," she mutters.

"Uh, I think she went somewhere with Dante," Santino tells Alyssa and she rolls her eyes.

Of course that jackass wouldn't let up even if she's taken.

"Doesn't matter go talk," she urges me and I peck her lips before getting up to follow Santino.

"It's been three years since Alyssa, and I can't get over how sickly in love you are," he chuckles.

"Shut up," I mumble then his smile morphs into his serious face.

"There's a shipment coming in tomorrow for us. I feel that as brothers we should go check it out together like old times. We're growing apart Elijah and we need to stick together because if we don't then everyone's gonna take advantage of this knowing it's when we're most weak," he explains.

I don't give a shit. I'm not getting cozy with my brothers knowing one of them may be the master mind behind the almost assassination of Vincent.

"I'll be there but that's it," I state before I walked away from him and back to the couch where my wife and her parents were now talking.

"Imma come back to Brooklyn next week mom I promise," Alyssa says.

"And bring my grandson," Marie insists.