Chapter 19

Elijah

Our vacation in France continued for a whole week as we visited the numerous tourist attractions and had sex any chance we got. Our honeymoon ended today, so I made sure that Alyssa really relaxed, so that she could be mentally and physically ready to return home to our son.

By morning we checked out of the hotel and went to the airport.

"This was fun while it lasted, I enjoyed myself," she said.

"Well I'm happy you did." I checked my watch. "I'm gonna get something to eat I'll be right back."

I left her and went to the little shop in the airport. I got us both a bottle of water and sandwiches.

When I was walking back after checking my emails, I saw a complication happening between my wife and a worker at the airport.

"What seems to be the problem?" I asked.

"Mr. Rossini, I was just telling this girl that she couldn't go to the private section to wait as it's reserved for you and your wife," he said.

I cleared my throat, "She is my wife," I said to the man with my eyebrows raised. "Were you being racist? I hope not because I could have you fired and not able to get a job for as long as you live. You referred to my wife as a girl, when she's clearly older than you and you also thought that just because she's black she couldn't be my wife."

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't know-"

"I don't want to hear a thing else, have a nice day," I said.

Not even this racist could ruin my mood I would send my men to rough him up later.

"Did he give you a hard time?" I asked.

"Not anything I wasn't used to, at least he didn't call me names," she sipped the water I handed to her.

"Well I'm sorry you have to be used to shit like that but don't worry he'll get what he deserves," I said.

She turned to face me abruptly, "Elijah I know that was a murder innuendo and you better not do it."

"I won't be doing anything." I kissed her cheek.

Well it's the truth, my men would do the dirty work this time. Mob bosses rarely ever got their hands dirty.

~~~

We touched down in New York by evening so we went to collect our son from my mother. Alyssa created such an excitement when she saw Matteo. She kissed him all over before resting him on her shoulder. I don't know if I was imagining it but I saw a small frown on my son's face. Maybe I was, he was two months after all.

"Thank you so much Isabella for keeping him for us, I hope he didn't give too much trouble."

"Nope he was such a sweetheart," mother said squeezing his cheeks.

"Ma don't do that to him," I hissed.

She turned and gave me the bad eye, "Well I'm sorry for wanting to show affection to my grandson."