Chapter 3

I felt the rush of the city as we drove and my thoughts consumed me. Elijah called my mother right away to tell her that I was back and safe. It looks to me that he was walking around asking everybody where I was at.

He didn't look at me once as we drove and the tension between us was suffocating.

We halted outside his parents' house and I cringed from the memories of when I was last here. This was the last place we were together before I left and destroyed everything. He poured his heart out to me in this backyard and I just left after I created the illusion that I didn't love him and was fed up with our relationship.

Now I lost him and the only reason he found me is because I'm carrying his child. I know how he is, he doesn't want this anymore because I bring too much trouble for him.

We rung the doorbell of the house twice before the beautiful Isabella opened the door for us. Her eyes sparked with surprise as she saw me standing next to Elijah.

"You guys are just in time for dinner come in."

She steps aside from the doorway and we both enter the house. Elijah walks ahead of me probably in search of his brothers while Isabella led me to the kitchen for something to drink.

I gulped down the chocolate milk quickly before putting the glass on the counter.

"Are you doing okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine Isabella, I just don't want to be in New York."

"Hm I see... I can't believe you just went away with the baby, you could've been in so much danger."

"Well I was thinking about what Elijah would say about our little situation. Elijah and I had this talk about children, you want to know what your son told me? He told me that if he ever got somebody pregnant they would have to get an abortion because he didn't want that for himself."

"Well I apologize for what he said, I didn't raise him to think like that. In fact I raised him to take responsibility for his actions," she said.

I huffed and she patted my shoulder comfortingly.

"Could you set the table for me please, I'm about to bring out dinner." she said before she directed me towards the dining room.

There was an arch that parted off the dining room and the living room so I could see directly in there. This was where the Rossini brothers gathered playing cards. Elijah's face was nonchalant as if he already knew he had the game in the bag.

Franco spotted me through his side eye before he turned around fully to see me. He scanned me from head to belly as his eyes seemed to zoom in on that area the most. I was three months so I knew my stomach wasn't protruding, he was looking only because he knew.

In this short time he managed to make everyone else lose focus on the game and turn their attention to me.

"Look at that little bump, you really are pregnant," he says.

"Really? I didn't notice." I rolled my eyes before moving to set the table.

I felt someone's presence behind me, and even though I knew it was him, I couldn't stop myself from glancing back at him over my shoulder.