Chapter 5

Elijah

Her parents gathered in the dining room to have breakfast and talk with me.

Marie was drinking orange juice with rum. She may not know but I saw when she took the rum from her purse and poured it in the orange juice.

"You have nothing to worry about. Regardless of us not being together, that baby is mine and I'll take care of it," I reassured.

"Where is my daughter?" Alex asked.

"She has morning sickness so she won't be down until noon."

Marie sighed, "Is she really taking online classes Elijah?"

I cleared my throat, "Yes and I'm paying for them so don't worry about it. That's her dream and I want her to fulfill it regardless of her pregnancy."

"Good. I can't believe this. I know you two are grown but are you guys stupid? No disrespect."

"Don't start Ms. Scott. Listen, I didn't even know she was pregnant or would get pregnant, she's on the pill. One of her friends told me about it last week and that's why I started searching for her, because as far as I knew we broke up we were done. She was stressed about you being in the hospital plus her law exams and everything just made her forget to take her pills now we have a baby and I'm... okay with that."

They looked at me hesitantly and I sighed.

"Look we can go over this all you want but you must decide whether or not you want to support her. Thank you for your time."

"Giuseppe, show Alyssa's parents out please."

I gave them one last tight lipped smile before going upstairs with a tray in my hand containing Alyssa's breakfast.

I knocked on her room door before she uttered a low come in.

I entered her room to see her laying on her side.

"I thought I told you I wasn't hungry Bettina."

"Actually it's me."

She spun around immediately and faced me.

"Oh..."

I stepped towards her placing the tray on her lap as I watched the thumping of her heart in the pulse point at her neck.

"I'm not hungry Elijah," she muttered.

She was looking up at me with those chocolate brown eyes that drove me crazy. Her plump lips that I'd like to suckle on were set in a pout.

Oh God I'm thinking about her sexually again.

God help me. I don't think I'm gonna last in trying to stay away from her. I just need to stay out of her way we can't do this to ourselves again.

"Alyssa just please eat something, I even got you ginger ale to settle your stomach," I persuaded.

"I wish I could drink ginger beer instead," she mumbled.

"What's that?"

"Something they make in the Caribbean it's really good especially for gas," she ranted and I almost smile.