Chapter 23

Alyssa

My eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness of the room to see Silvio in front of me. My body jerked in shock and he smiled at my response.

My body couldn't stop shaking with him being so close to me, I was afraid of him.

Silvio had some real slavery methods of discipline. Every time that I was disrespectful or even uttered Elijah's name my head was ducked into water and stayed there until I couldn't breathe. I couldn't even cry anymore, I had no tears left to cry.

One of my biggest fears was drowning and he was using it against me.

"Oh look she's awake. Now I suggest that if you want to stay awake you will behave yourself," he smiled.

"Why are you doing this Silvio?"

"I'm sure you already know. After all you were listening to my calls with your husband," he said in disgust.

"I don't deserve this."

"No you don't. But I'll kill you in front of him soon so you won't have to suffer much longer."

I whimpered but no tears leave my eyes.

"Now, now, Alyssa no crying. Save those for when I end your husband," he sneered.

He tilted my face up by my chin, then he studied me.

"I wonder why he loves you? I thought he was playing you at first but then he ended up marrying you. The first mobster to have a nigger wife," he spat.

"Just shut up. You're nothing but a coward. You plotted behind your family's back and have the audacity to act like you can match up to the type of man my husband is. You couldn't even do this on your own just to show you are hiding behind other people."

I was going to get dunked again but I didn't care I needed to get that off my chest. I'm not going to cry anymore, Elijah would want me to be strong. I can endure this until he gets me because I know he will.

Steaming with anger, Silvio steps forward and smacks me across the cheek then pulls me by the neck of my blouse closer to him until our noses were touching.

"Don't you patronize me. Do you think that I'm your husband who you can disrespect and get away with it?" He asked oddly calm.

He smacked me again.

"Today is day one. If your husband doesn't get me what I want by the end of this week, then everyone in the Greek mafia is having a go at you, including myself."

Oh my God, I knew it. I knew there had to be a reason he was talking to Andreas. I saw him and I didn't tell Elijah.

"Boss, someone's here to see you," the big bodyguard said.

"I'll be right there," Silvio answered. "Count your days Alyssa," he said before walking out.

~~~

Elijah

We rung the doorbell of the large mansion tucked away in the hidden parts of Greece. The person peeked through the peephole and ran back up the stairs.