Chapter 20

"Alyssa would you hurry up!" I yelled before I entered the bathroom where she was.

"If you didn't get freaky for your birthday in the shower then this wouldn't have happened," she hissed quietly. "You know my hair takes forever to do, so stop rushing me," she whined.

"We're going to be late," I whined. "Just tie your hair up."

"I can't, it's all knotted up. Besides I have to cornrow it before I put my wig on."

"Well I like your real hair, you don't need to be wearing that horse hair anyway." My head leveled down to her ear, "Maybe if you weren't so goddamn tight I wouldn't have had you twice," I kissed her lips. "Now hurry up Father Leon awaits our presence."

She rolled her eyes playfully before shoving me out of the bathroom.

In ten minutes time we were pulling up outside the cathedral. I saw the expensive line of cars in front of the church and knew that my brothers were already here.

Ever since we came back from our honeymoon I haven't been able to think well. Everything was puzzling me and I could barely sleep. I wanted to spend as much time as possible with my wife and my son, but half the time I was locked up in my office doing mafia work, trying to find a weak link.

Father Leon took Matteo from me and brought him up to the pulpit.

"Are the god parents present?" Asked Father Leon.

"Yes," Santino said stepping forward and Amanda followed behind him.

Alyssa told me that as much as she loved Jada, she couldn't think of anyone else who could take care of our child like Amanda if something were to happen to her or me.

She hugged Santino excitedly when she saw him, "I haven't seen you in forever, are you okay?"

"I'm fine Alyssa," he said before kissing her forehead.

At this point I was really worried about the attacks being made on my family. I had leads and after today I was gonna do something about it. While they plan I'll wipe.

The ceremony carried on, the Bible was read, the holy trinity was made over my son. Then Father christened my son who cried the whole time this was happening.

Alyssa took him from Father Leon and shushed him. After that Alyssa and I signed a section of the christening paper and Amanda and Santino signed the other.

We left the cathedral and went home where our family would meet us before we went to celebrate my birthday on the yacht.

By five minutes time everyone was here and mother baked a cake. Half plain for me and half chocolate for Alyssa.

"Thank you Isabella," Alyssa said to her.

Her eyes widened, " Didn't I tell you to call me mom?"

"Okay fine, thank you mom," Alyssa placed a hand on her shoulder. "No problem sweetheart." She hugged Alyssa before walking off.

I never understood how mother could love my wife so much. One day I would have to ask her why she was so drawn to her.

I went to talk to my brothers, but I'm not really talking to them, I'm more like observing their body language.